Announcing: Catholic Liturgy Week!


Is this...Samantha posting on a Wednesday? After she posted on a Monday? Well, yes! Because--I did a thing! Or, more specifically, Megan Chappie and I did a thing! We're cohosting the first ever Catholic Liturgy Week! We are so very excited, and are hoping you all will join us in geeking out over Catholic liturgy, culture and traditions! 

The deets:
1. Catholic Liturgy Week runs from July 19 to July 25, 2020.

2. This is a celebration of Catholic liturgy (and, by extension, Catholic culture) in all its beautiful variety! Want to write about your favorite sacrament? Tell us what makes your particular rite special? Give us a list of books or movies that protray the priesthood well? As long as it reverently touches on Catholic liturgy, it's fair game! There's no limit to the number of posts you can contribute...

3. I've put together a (very long!) tag! We'll be posting the questions on July 19, but if you want to get a sneak peek (whether to generate ideas, or to just get a head start on answering the questions), please let us know!

4. We're all brothers and sisters here, so please don't feel like you have to defend any of your traditions to anyone. Just enjoy sharing the huge amount of variety in our Faith with the world and each other!

5. Feel free to grab one of Megan's GORGEOUS graphics, whether to spread the word or simply to use with your post! 

6. Megan and I will both put up a "Beginning of Catholic Liturgy Week" post on July 19th that you can link your posts back to, so we'll see you then! We're so looking forward to seeing all of your posts! 

The Gorgeous Graphics:



Hope you're looking forward to this as much as we are!

Are you going to join us? If you're not Catholic, do you have any questions you'd like answered or any topics you'd like to hear about? 

Comments

  1. This is AWESOME! I think I'll be doing that Crash Course post I promised during this time and put another post on my personal blog about my own journey towards the Latin Mass. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your posts sound very interesting--I can't wait to see them! We're really excited, too. 😊

      Delete
  2. This is so great that you guys put this together! I'll definitely join in some way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeee so excited! I kind of want to do a post on appreciating priests, and talk about Graham Greene's "The Hint of an Explanation" somehow, and do that post on Catholic devotions I've promised...and of course the wonderful tag. THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooooo! I'm going to do a post on the Dominican Rite, and the tag, and possibly another post too...there's so much good stuff to talk about! IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!