Fantasy Adventure Tag (My sister hijacks my blog!)



(Hey everyone! Legolas heard that I'm a swamped with finals and having trouble thinking of a post for this week, so she kindly hijacked my blog for me this Friday. I'm not sure what she's going to be putting up--I just scheduled this post, gave her my password, and let her run free. Have fun! And I hope she doesn't do anything too crazy... --Samantha)

You can ignore what Sam just said, because it was very kind of me to fill in for her, and I am never too crazy. Really. 

Hi blogosphere! I'm Sam's younger sister Legolas, and I am very happy to be making my first appearance. Before I continue, let me introduce myself... 

I like:

Comfy sweaters, especially if I made them

Knitting

Books books books books! My favorite genre is fantasy.

Brush calligraphy 

Pipe organs, pianos, and most music. 

Annoying my sister  

Cats and hamsters (Hm. Maybe not at the same time.)

Writing

Brownies, or anything with chocolate. (Really. If you gave me chocolate covered caviar, I would probably eat it.)

I dislike:

Breathy singing.  Just take a breath don't whoosh or gulp come on people you don't have whooping cough! 

Electric guitars

Thunderstorms

My favorite fandoms: Are irritatingly similar to Sam's, so just check out her list.

With that out of the way, I would also like to state that I am 'named' after Legolas from the book, not the movie. Everything is less awesome in the movie.

When I was considering what to write in this post, I decided that a tag would be fun. Then I discovered that I couldn't find any that looked appealing. Thus, the 'Fantasy Adventure tag' has come into existence. Please bear in mind that I have never done a tag before, much less written one myself, so of course this will be awesome and original. Or maybe someone has done one identical to it. I honestly have no idea.

Fantasy Adventure Tag 

Rules of Tag:
Include the tag banner in your post (you can make it smaller!)
Link back to the creator of the tag (Me!)
Thank the person who tagged you
Tag three new people
Answer the questions honestly


1. If you were trapped on a desert island for a year and you could only bring one fiction book, what book would you bring?

I would want something that I can read over and over and still find interesting, so probably The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien. It's very satisfying to read. 
Also, as Sam points out, it has appendices if I ever want to know how all of the main characters die. Which I don't. But Sam told me anyway. (Did you know that Aragorn dies on my birthday?)

2. If you could spend three weeks in the world of a book, where would you go?

Preferably somewhere that wouldn't kill me quickly. (So that rules out Eddis, Middle Earth, and Skree.) I think I would go to the world of Septimus Heap by Angie Sage. I'd visit Aunt Zelda and see the Wizard Tower.

3. If you could take a real-world road trip with three book characters, who would you take and where would you go?

I would take Cho Chang from Harry Potter, Sophie Quire from Sophie Quire and the Last Storyguard, and Princess Cassandra from Ranger's Apprentice. I think we could all get along fairly well. (?)
As to where we would go, I'm not entirely sure. Probably somewhere forest-y? Maybe the Ho Rainforest in Washington.

4. If you could go to a friend's house using any means of transport from a book, how would you travel? 

Magic carpet of course! I can just picture my friend Gimli's face if I showed up at her house on one of those things...

5. If you could enter any book to travel with a character in their quest, who would you join? 

You know, quests are unpleasant. Quests usually involve getting dirty, almost starving, and horrible villains. Sometimes characters die on quests. Why would anyone want to go on a quest? 

With that said, if I had assurance that I would come out alive, I would join Gen and the Magus from The Thief.  As long as the queen of Attolia wouldn't behead me. Or cut one of my limbs. *cries*

6. If you could pet-sit an animal/monster/creature from a book for a month, who would you sit?

Ooh, now there's a question. I think I would choose the phoenix from The Phoenix and the Carpet by E. Nesbit. (Although Mom doesn't allow birds in the house, so she wouldn't be super exited.)



Tag Questions:

1. If you were trapped on a desert island for a year and you could only bring one fiction book, what book would you bring?
2. If you could spend three weeks in the world of a book, where would you go?
3. If you could take a real-world road trip with three book characters, who would you take and where would you go?
4. If you could go to a friend's house using any means of transport from a book, how would you travel? 
5. If you could enter any book to travel with a character in their quest, who would you join? 
6. If you could pet-sit an animal/monster/creature from a book for a month, who would you sit?

I tag:

Mary Kate at Sarcastic Scribblings. Haha! You can no longer say that no one ever tags you. :-)
Nicole Dust at Legend of a Writer
Julian Daventry at Saver of Memories.


Writing this post has been super fun! Thanks for reading!

Give Sam some love in the comments, please! She's started quilting, a sure sign of insanity. 

What is your favorite fantasy setting? How long do you think you could survive there? Would a phoenix's cage smell? Should I take over Sam's blog again?

Comments

  1. Being near a Phoenix would be epic, but I'm sure that I'd lose my sanity anytime it burned up, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably me too! On second thought, I don't think a phoenix would make the best pet...
      --Legolas

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for the tag! (And great job on creating the questions!)

    Lately I've been loving organs (mostly because of the Davy Jones Theme from PotC but meh). Like, sooooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      Yes, organs are amazing! I'm sad to be missing my practice because of quarantine.
      --Legolas

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!