Me in Book Characters Tag


Yes, I know it's not the last Friday of the month. Nor the fourth Friday of the month. But look, it's perfect because this way I can do a wrap-up on the day I normally post, like a NORMAL PERSON, and just shift my tag to Monday. Untraditional, but we're going to have to deal. 😊

I wrote my answers for this tag before everyone and their best friend started tagging me (Sarah Rodecker was prophetic when she said, and I quote, "she'll start drowning in tags and will never ever catch up ever again"), so I'm going to post this tag that I stole from Julian at Saver of Memories, before I start drowning in tags again more. 
I really liked how she let her siblings pick the characters she's like when she did the tag, so I decided to do that, too--I have four siblings, and each of them will pick one character, then I'll pick the last one! Hopefully this will give you an idea of what I'm like, as well as what my siblings are like. My notes on their comments will be in italics.

Rules of the tag:

1. Thank the creators of the tag. (Apparently no one knows who created this tag? Sorry, creators)
2. Thank whoever tagged you. (Julian, technically. Thanks, Julian!)
3. List 5 book characters who you are most like and explain why. (About to do that!)
4. Tag your friends! (I'm going to skip this, and leave the tag open to anypirate anyone who wants to do it)

Animated GIF
(Please excuse my love of LBD--there were no gifs of BBC Mary Bennet)
One: Mary Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
"Because you always have your nose stuck in a book." --Gandalf, age 5
I understand why he would think I'm like Mary, given that he's never actually read P&P...I just hope I'm not as socially inept as she is.

7c915e0e67b48d8c58336735d1ba8ee9--drawings-and-illustrations-read-books.jpg (736×578)
(Apparently there are no illustrations in the books? But this fan art is So. Freaking. Cute. I'm in love. Credit to the creator.)
Two: Rosalind Penderwick from The Penderwicks
"You're like her because you're the oldest, and you're very responsible. *pause* That means you're going to fall in love with a guy named Cagney." --Galadriel, age 8
Okay, I see the Rosalind thing--I am very responsible, like to bake, and can be a bit 'boring'. But I'm going to have to nix the Cagney thing...

Marcia.JPG (273×365)
Three: Marcia Overstrand from the Septimus Heap series
"Because you're bossy. And bookish."--Eomer, age 11
I mean, I've always aspired to be as good at intimidating people as Marcia Overstrand, soooo...XD

Animated GIF
Four: Susan Pevinsie from The Chronicles of Narnia
"You're like Susan from Narnia. Bossy older sister. Who loves cooking. And...is very responsible." --Legolas, age 14
Um...thank you? I can see this one, too, although I hope I don't lose my belief in "Narnia" like she does. 

Animated GIF
(Legolas has threated to put this on my wall in calligraphy. I told her to go ahead.)
Five: Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
Hermione is my choice--I am just about as bossy as she is, definitely as rule abiding, and as academic, too. Aragorn, Legolas and I were watching the first movie recently, (yes, I know, it's not as good as the book, but the Hermione portrayal is pretty close to the book) and every time Hermione did something very typically Samantha, Aragorn would nudge me and grin...I got nudged a lot. :)

I'm noticing a trend...most of these are older siblings and very bossy and/or bookish. Well, they've definitely got me pinned down!

Header photo credit to Legolas!

Have you read any of these books? What book characters do you think you're like? 

Comments

  1. Hehehe! Always love it when I can predict the future!

    I love the fact that there's a trend with the characters selected!! And that all of your siblings seemed to be on the same page (pun intended) with what sorts of characteristics you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, the occasional prophetic powers are nice. XD

      I know! They all know me waaaay too well, haha.

      Delete
  2. This was fabulous! I might have to steal this tag... I wonder if I can get my siblings to describe me in book characters... hmmm.... that was fun hearing what your siblings thought of you.

    I have read Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and Pride and Prejudice, but I have yet to get around to Septimus Heap and The Penderwicks, though I have heard good things about both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Steal ahead--I'd love to see you do this one, especially if you can get your siblings to do it with you. :D

      The Penderwicks are heart books for me (if that makes sense?)--very well written, and lovable. Septimus Heap is a lot of fun--like Harry Potter, but less dark. :D I think your kids might enjoy both, but especially The Penderwicks!

      Delete
  3. Someone else has read The Penderwicks??? Yay! I LOVED the first book, but I've never been able to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay, a fellow Penderwicks reader! Ah, that first one is SO GOOD! The other ones are definitely worth it, too. :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, this looks so fun. Maybe I can convince my siblings to do this with me.
    It looks like there's definitely a trend here. And I actually know all of them. I don't really see how you're like Mary, though. The fact that he suggested Mary when he hasn't even read the book makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I would recommend.
      Yes, a trend for sure. I know--it made me laugh, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!