The Fictional Vacation Tag

Fictional Vacation
The lovely Nicole Dust tagged me for this tag, which has been going around, and I'm very excited to answer the questions, because I have Opinions™. Also, maybe it will make me less sad that all of my family's vacations got cancelled?

Praecepta (Please indulge my Latin nerdiness):
Include the graphic Madeline made.
 
Answer the questions. 
Tag some other people if you feel so inclined.

Would You Rather…

Train with demigods for the summer at Camp Halfblood OR attend Hogwarts to learn some spells for a semester?
Hogwarts all the way Hanging out with fun magical people and learning to do awesomeness vs. having to deal with a climbing wall that has lava? No contest. Plus, who wouldn't want this sort of view?:

Animated GIF
Plus, there's also hippogriffs.

Go on an epic quest through the lands of Middle Earth OR be crowned a king or queen for your bravery in Narnia?
Ummm...is this even a question? Definitely Middle Earth. Because HOBBITS. And ADVENTURES. And GONDOR. 

Animated GIF
Look at this! Who wouldn't want to go there?

Fly with Peter and his Lost Boys in Neverland OR have a crazy tea party with the Mad Hatter in Wonderland?
Honestly, as much as I liked Peter Pan, it's always freaked me out a little? I'm not sure why...And as much as I don't like Alice in Wonderland, I would definitely like having tea with the Mad Hatter, if it was the Johnny Depp Hatter...he could teach me how to Futterwacken! 

Animated GIF
He does look a bit creepy in this gif...

Get trapped in the world of Jumanji OR be forced to dress up and attend a party at the Capitol of Panem?
I've not watched Jumanji, so I'll have to go with a party in Panem...although, I don't approve of their lifestyle in general. 

Animated GIF
I think this gif is from Hunger Games? Have not actually watched the movies...

Sample all of the candy you’d like at Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory OR have a nice stroll with Pooh and his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood?
Willy Wonka honestly scares me (what is it with the scary children's literature?) and I LOVE all of the Pooh stories, so I would go with the Hundred Acre Wood any day. 

Animated GIF
Who would say no to this?

Head out on a gold-hunting expedition to El Dorado OR hop in a submarine and explore the lost city of Atlantis?
Well, I haven't watched the Atlantis movie, but I LOVE El Dorado, and I HATE being on any sort of submarine, so it would definitely have to be El Dorado. 

Animated GIF
Plus, I'd get to hang out with these two loveable idiots. 

Skip through the merry town of Oz OR have a nice walk through the kingdom of Camelot?
Well, Oz isn't just a town...but one never knows what to expect there, whereas in Camelot, you have knights, castles, fantastic clothing, and chivalry. So, Camelot.

Animated GIF
Don't even try to tell me you wouldn't want to go here.

Get sucked into the world of Fantastica and go on an epic journey with Bastian OR get sucked into the Inkworld and travel the land with Meggie and her friends?
I haven't read either of these books *hides*, so I don't have an opinion here...sorry guys. 

Umm...I know a lot of people have done this...but I'm going to tag:
Sarah Rodecker
Anyone who has never watched Atlantis

And here are the tag questions:

Would You Rather…
Train with demigods for the summer at Camp Halfblood OR attend Hogwarts to learn some spells for a semester?
Go on an epic quest through the lands of Middle Earth OR be crowned a king or queen for your bravery in Narnia?
Fly with Peter and his Lost Boys in Neverland OR have a crazy tea party with the Mad Hatter in Wonderland?
Get trapped in the world of Jumanji OR be forced to dress up and attend a party at the Capitol of Panem?
Sample all of the candy you’d like at Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory OR have a nice stroll with Pooh and his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood?
Head out on a gold-hunting expedition to El Dorado OR hop in a submarine and explore the lost city of Atlantis?
Skip through the merry town of Oz OR have a nice walk through the kingdom of Camelot?
Get sucked into the world of Fantastica and go on an epic journey with Bastian OR get sucked into the Inkworld and travel the land with Meggie and her friends?

Have you read whatever Fantastica and Inkworld are from? Should I read them? Why would anyone chose Camp Halfblood over Hogwarts? 😊


Comments

  1. Fantastica is from The Neverending Story. I haven't read the book, but the movies are pure nostalgia for me! <3

    Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into it, then!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. *yeets Inkheart at you* YES! You must read Inkheart!! The characters are boring/stupid as all get-out, but the world is magical and beautiful and you'd love it!

    I would much rather go to Camp Half-Blood, thank you very much. I would love to hang with Percy and Annabeth and the rest!

    Thanks for the tag! I was planning on stealing it anyway, but now I can do it the right way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, okay! I'll put it on my list! I think we even have a copy on the shelves somewhereabouts...

      Fair enough, hanging with Percy and Annabeth would be fun...but I am still going to say no to lava climbing walls.

      You're welcome! I look forward to seeing your answers!

      Delete
  3. Ooh this looks fun. I may have to steal this. Well it wouldn't be stealing because I've never seen Atlantis.

    Do read Inkheart! I haven't ventured further than the first book (silly library closures), but I really enjoyed that one...and actually found the characters all highly entertaining and well-written. (Well Mo may have bothered me. But DUSTFINGER.)

    Heh, I should revisit El Dorado...it's been a long time. And I'll take the Hundred Acre Wood over Willy Wonka's ANY day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, go ahead! I would love to see your answers!

      It's on my reading list now! I think I meant to read it when I was younger, but my parents thought it was too scary, so I guess we'll see what happens. We may even have a copy on our shelves...? With that recommendation, I'm looking forward to it!

      Oh yes! My family just rewatched it, and it was a hoot. And seriously, who would take Willy Wonka over Hundred Acre Wood? (Also, have you watched that new-ish live-action-ish Christopher Robin movie? What did you think?)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!