Jem Jones Linkup: Quirk #3

 

More writing! This one gave me a lot of trouble because, although this prompt is so. freaking. aesthetically. pleasing. (how, Jem? Isn't this random?) It's a bit hard to tie everything together. So. We'll see what happens. (Also, probably going to be a bit shorter than everyone else's Quirks, because that is How I Roll). 

"Now why would a little girl be running away from her own party? Is she bored by all her little friends?" A voice drifted softly down.
My head snapped up. "I heard that!" 
My brother grinned. He was up in the big oak, standing on one of the high, thick branches. "You were supposed to."
I rolled my eyes and began to climb the tree. The bark scraped and stung my bare feet, but I ignored it and settled myself into a perch across from Ben.
"How could you leave your friends?" he asked mockingly. "They're all here to see--" he waved his hands for emphasis "--the Birthday Girl." 
I rolled my eyes. "They're not my friends, Mom just invited my whole school class. Like I was a kindergartener. You know that. If it was my friends at the party, it would be you, Laura, and the goats."
Ben pursed his lips into a mock concerned expression. "She was just worried about your social life!"
"You think this helps my social life? They're just here for the cake!"
"Weren't you just there for the cake?"
I raised my shoulder, and let it drop. "They were unbearable. I can always make more cake."
He shrugged in agreement. Or maybe nonchalance, I couldn't tell.
"Annie!" My mother's voice drifted up to us on the breeze.
"Cake time!" Ben said, with fake enthusiasm.
I sighed. "I'm not going down, so shut up."
"Annie?" My mother sounded more concerned.
"She's here, Mom!" Ben called.
"Maybe if I had just my friends at the party, it would just be Laura and the goats," I snarled. Forgetting we were in a tree, I launched myself forward to tackle him. By the time I hit the ground, cake was the least of my worries.

What do you think of my very short Quirk? Do you like seeing these? Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?

Comments

  1. I love how she switched from "if it were my friends, you would be there" to "I will launch myself out of this tree at you". True siblings. x'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? The line between best friend and worst enemy is narrow in sibling relationships. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!