Tag: The Original Outstanding Blogger Award (times four)

(Yes, this is a fairly random picture. What am I supposed to do for a tag that doesn't have a graphic?)

This post may require a little bit of backstory. Megan posted a cool thing called "The Original Outstanding Blogger Award". I told her I was going to steal her questions, and she said to go ahead. Then Lia posted one. And I said, "Oh, I might steal yours, too", thinking that a double-tag post was pretty reasonable. She told me to steal away. And then Nicole Dust tagged me. And I was obviously sunk, because who has ever heard of a triple-tag post? So, in a fit of fatalism, I stole MK's questions, as the icing on the cake. It's really my own fault for being such a tag pirate, I suppose. So, enjoy?

Praecepta:
Provide a link to the original creator's post. (Here's the link)
Answer the questions provided
Create 7 unique questions
Nominate 10 bloggers. Be sure they are aware of the nomination. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you or the award's original creator.
At the end of 2020, every blog that pings back to the original creator will be entered to win the Outstanding Blogger Award.

Megan's Questions:

1.I am gifting you with a time machine, but there are limitations. Would you rather go backwards in time exactly 100 years, or forwards in time exactly 100 years? You get to spend one day in whichever time you choose. Also, there is no geographic feature on this time machine...you're spending that day exactly where you are now, just not when you are now. 
I'm not sure I'd like being where I am right now a hundred years ago (although I'd maybe get to watch our house being built!) but I'd definitely rather that than going into the future--the future freaks me out, frankly, especially a hundred years in the future! 

2. Do you appreciate eggs as a breakfast food, or would you rather skip them? 
Well, I'm allergic to them, so I skip them at all times. XD

3. Do you think of Winter personified as a masculine or feminine entity? 
Definitely masculine. It's a mean season where I live, even though it doesn't snow. I tend to think of the gentler seasons (Fall, Spring) as feminine, and the harsher ones (Summer, Winter) as masculine.

4. Greece or Rome? 
Dangit, Megan, this is hard! Rome. Definitely Rome. 

5. Would you rather be able to jump into and out of books or movies? 
Umm, is this even a question? Books. Movies are boring (well, they usually have less depth, at least).

6. Historically speaking, what is your favorite war to learn about? 
World War II, probably. There was such a lot going on! Although WWI is a close second.

7. What book/series would you give your top left molar to see made into a TV show? 
I honestly don't want any books that I love to be made into anything TV related...because I'd always be afraid they'd ruin it! But I feel like it would be really fun to see James Herriot's books in a TV show. 

Lia's Questions:
1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? 
Watermelon and basil (I just discovered this one a couple weeks ago). It's amazing. 

2. What inanimate object would be the most annoying if it played loud upbeat music while being used? 
A vacuum. They're already irritating enough. 

3. What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it? 
Anyone calling me the nicknames that rhyme with my name. (Yes, I'm being cryptic, but there are reasons.) 

4. Who would you pick to narrate your life? 
It's a toss up between Paul Hollywood, Alan Rickman (yes, I know he passed away, but I love his voice), Emma Thompson, and Steve West. 

5. What movie quotes do you quote on a daily basis? 
I don't know that I quote any movies on a daily basis, a weekly basis for sure, but not a daily basis. "You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means", is a common one, as is "It's so fluffy I'm gonna DIE", "Come on Rhinooooooos!", "Hello, Frodo of the Shire", and anything from Babe or VeggieTales. :) 

6. What outdoor activity have you never tried, but really want to? 
Rock climbing on actual rocks--I've only done it in a climbing gym. 

7. What is the funniest word in the English language? 
Umm...I don't tend to think of words as funny, but I suppose "frangible" is rather amusing. 

Nicole's Questions:
1. What's an achievement that you're proud of? 
Having delivered nine baby goats, including one who I had to untangle from his mom's pelvis.
 
2. Favorite part of 2020 so far? 
Something-I-can't-tell-you-about-because-it's-a-spoiler-for-my-December-events, with getting an actual job (albeit only for eight weeks) as a runner up.

3. What's your favorite character type to write? 
The crusty-on-the-outside-goey-on-the-inside girl. 

4. Thoughts on the MBTI personality quiz? (And bonus: what's your type?) 
Whoooo boy. Okay guys, settle in. First of all, there are two schools of thought on MBTI--"You shouldn't use it because it makes you stereotype yourself" and "It's always spot on and you can do anything with it!". Neither is correct. First of all, each characteristic is a spectrum--one can be a raging introvert, or only moderately an introvert, meaning that even people with the same type can be different, based on where they are on each spectrum. So, people stereotyping themselves is either unlikely or a bad idea. But because of this same thing, it's not always spot on, and you can't always accurately predict people's behaviors with it. It's an interesting test, and good for understanding one's self, to a degree, but everyone is unique, and doesn't exactly fit into sixteen boxes. My type is INTJ, but I'm more moderate on the I and the N scales, and more extreme on the T and the J. 

5. Favorite type of chocolate? 
Dark chocolate all the way, preferably with some brown butter or crunchy caramel. 

6. Describe yourself in three characters, explaining why you chose each one. 
Hermione Granger--because she's a great student and also *cough* rather bossy, like me; 

Elanor from Sense & Sensibility, because she tends to hold her emotions in and be the epitome of sense

Attolia from The Thief, because I can intimidate people with a single look (true facts. But also, Legolas laughs at me when I say this, so maybe take it with a grain of salt. XD). 

7. What's one thing you hope people take away from your blog? 
Books are amazing, and you should read the most recent one I recommended! (There are other things, but that is perhaps the most important, lol). 

MK's Questions:
Would you go skydiving, if given the chance? 
I like to think so--I hope I wouldn't chicken out! 

Thoughts on pickles? Yay or Nay? Which ones are the best? 
GIVE ME ALL THE PICKLES. Pickled asparagus is my favorite. 

Weirdest ice cream you've tried and did you like it? 
I've never had a Really Weird Ice Cream, but one time I had a pear ginger one, and it was PHENOMENAL. Some members of my family have had sweet corn ice cream (which I couldn't eat because #allergiesaretheworst) and they really enjoyed that. 

Coolest place you've ever been? 
Poland 100%. Everyone, you must go to Poland, especially if you're Catholic! 

First thing you want to do post Covid? 
GO HUG ALL MY FRIENDS. And then go to the library. And follow that up with Adoration. *nods*

Favorite flower? 
Not? Actually? Sure? Maybe roses? Or snapdragons? I really don't do flowers all that much. But roses are nice, especially the kind that smell good (my mom refuses to plant any that don't). 

Last book you read or movie you watched (which ever one was more recent)?
As of the day I'm scheduling this, Artemis Fowl (I'm in the middle of it). As of the day the post goes live, hopefully The Odyssey, if I finish it on time. 

My Seven Questions
1. Do you hate it when people ask you what your favorite color is, or do you actually have one?
2. What's the coolest book you've ever acquired?
3. Library or bookstore?
4. What is your favorite nickname (that you have)?
5. What is your favorite season, and why?
6. If you had the choice to either live on a forty-acre farm an hour away from the nearest large city, or a two-bedroom apartment in the middle of downtown for the rest of your life, which would you choose, and why?
7. Do you journal? What is your preferred method? 

My Nominees (I promise the blog names are links. I promise.)
Kenzie @ Smudged Thoughts 
Jenelle Leanne Schmidt 
Rachel Kovaciny @ Hamlette's Soliloquy 
Emily Grant @ The Ones That Really Matter
Catherine Hawthorn @ The Rebelling Muse
Faith @ R. F. Gammon, Author 
MC @ Movies Meet Their Match
Anyone who has a name that lends itself to rhyming nicknames.

Whew! Kudos for making it through that! Do you have rhyming nicknames? What about a definitive favorite flower? Allergies that prevent you from eating strange ice creams?

Comments

  1. I want covid to be over so I can go to the library!!!! I was going to stop by the other day and see if they had a book and I was like NOOOO I CANT JUST WALK IN ANYMOREEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooooowwwwww, my little gollum heart needs it! It's just not the same when you can't wander in and find 57 new favorite books!

      Delete
  2. You've been to Poland?! SAMANTHA. I am so jealous! Have you been to Warsaw? Krakow? The Bialowieza Forest???

    I think James Herriot's books actually are a TV show! I've never seen it, but I'd like to, because yeah. His books would make an amazing show (they're perfectly set up for it too), if done right.

    MBTI is fun. I reeeally like when people say "I don't like it because it puts you into boxes" and then I can type them based on that and it's super accurate. XD It just makes a contrary part of me very, very happy. I also like MBTI because contrary to what these people think, it doesn't put you into sixteen boxes at all. (Which would be bound to be inaccurate.) Instead it just tells you how you think and how those tendencies interact and which ones dominate and...then even though you don't necessarily fit the stereotype you can see how the way you approach things is so similar to this other person with the same type! Even though the two of you are totally different! It's just so cool. (Okay. I'm done now. Sorry. xD)
    (Also, INTJ, very cool. INTJs are cool. I've always rather wanted to be one, though I've come to terms with my boring ISTJ-ness. [It helped when I found out Tolkien was an ISTJ too. xD])

    Pickled...ASPARAGUS??!?

    Thank you so much for tagging me! Your questions are grand and I will have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! It was absolutely amazing! I went with my choir, and we did go to Krakow and Warsaw, but not the Bialowieza forest, which I'd like to see when I go back someday!

      Oh really? I'll have to look them up!

      It's definitely a great way to have reasons to correct people. XD It's true, it's really just a tool for understanding one's self. An excellent tool, though! I honestly am not sure why everyone thinks INTJs are so cool?? (I mean maybe we are? But I don't know exactly why). Although that could be because I'm borderline ISTJ, too...idk. :)

      It's amazing!!

      You're welcome! I look forward to seeing you answer them!

      Delete
  3. *Fist bumps* Another INTJ! So cool!

    Also, dark chocolate is amazing. I haven't eaten a lot of chocolate recently, but I still love me some good dark chocolate every once in a while.

    Also, way to go you for braving a four-part tag! That's pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Fist bumps you back* INTJs forever!

      I know, it's really the best!

      Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sending your blog link to me today, Sam-a-lama-ding-dong. If that gives you a hint about who wrote this "Anonymous" comment. I'm enjoying catching up.
    FYI, I find "favorite" questions very frustrating in general, so I prefer to answer "an example of X I really like" instead.
    Yes, I have a rhyming nickname. You know at least part of it.
    Yes, I've been guilty of calling you by yours, but it's been awhile. I have made up a handful of other nicknames I use instead.
    Hope this has been respectful and clean enough for you, darling girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I think I know who you are. ;)
      Ah, that's a good point! I should ask more of those, probably.
      Yup!
      It's mostly your caro esposo, though. :) Your nicknames are respectable and enjoyable.
      Very much so! Thank you for commenting, lovely Anonymous.

      Delete
  5. Favorite war is the American Revolutionary War for me. The Great Experiment, as it were, having a country govern itself. Plus, I'm a big John Adams fan.

    Some James Harriot books have been TV shows actually--they were made several years ago, but they exist. :-)

    Roses are my favorite flowers--especially lavender ones. Each rose color (and even some different species within those colors) has a meaning. When I was researching color meanings for a book that was published (now out-of-print and unavailable unless you know someone who purchased it, or you happen to be related to me) I found out that lavender roses meant fantasy, yellow are for friendship, orange mean strong--PASSIONATE--love red are for love/romance, pink are for affection, and white mean purity/chastity, black mean death, and blue are extremely rare and mean extremely rare form of love. Even some of the red species of roses have a variety of meanings in terms of love and romance. (And there are variety of meanings in all of the categories and ranges, too, but these are the very general basics).

    I don't know what the coolest place I've visited is, but I did enjoy going to St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands for my honeymoon many moons ago. Nice place to visit. We also took a sailboat to Buck Island, and that was fun. I didn't know I'd love the sailboat so much--I'm normally not into boats--although, I do like canoeing.

    I think I'd want my audiobook narrator, Chris J. Hudson to narrate my life. He's got a great voice and did a phenomenal job on my book. Or James Earl Jones. In terms of women, probably Meg Ryan (she's my favorite actress, although, I also am a fan of Anne Hathaway's work and Kate Hudson).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's a good one, too! I had a lot of fun learning about that one during out East Coast trip.

      I've heard! I'll have to look them up. :)

      Roses are lovely! We have one lavender rose bush that has the most lovely fragrance--but my favorite rose color is yellow (hmm...maybe that makes sense, given that friendship is also my fave. :)). Our yellow rose smells lemony, which I think is really nice.

      Ooh, St. Croix! That's where Hamilton is from, speaking of the Revolution. I bet it's nicer now than when he was born, though. :)

      Oh, James Earl Jones would be really fun as a life narrator!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!