Announcing Catholic Blog Week!


Hey guys! Instead of a usual Friday post (don't worry, it's just postponed until tomorrow!) I have a very exciting announcement! 

Megan Chappie and I are doing Catholic Liturgy Week again! Except this year, we're making it even broader, and calling it Catholic Blog Week! Though the scope is bigger, the goal is the same: share and celebrate Catholic culture in an ecumenical way!

The Week will be earlier this year, running from May 23 to May 30.

The floor is open for any post that you want to post pertaining to Catholicism! Want to talk about your favorite tradition? Do it! A post on why being Catholic is awesome? Let's have it! A post on your favorite liturgy of the year? Love it! Would rather talk about a Catholic writer or filmmaker? Please do! The sky is the limit! 

And you don't even have to be Catholic to participate! If you are not Catholic but would like to contribute a post on a topic related to Catholicism, feel free! For instance, you could talk about a Catholic author and his/her work (hint: there are more than you might expect! Tolkien, Chesterton, O'Connor, Day, Waugh, Shakespeare (we think!)..the list goes on), you could talk about a theologian from before the Protestant reformation, you could talk about a film that incorporates Catholicism...the sky is still the limit! 

We do of course ask that you are respectful towards Catholic tradition in whatever you do, but we expect that you would do that anyway. :)

There will also be a tag--a much shorter one this year, and one that I personally think will be more fun. :) (I was kind of new to tags last year. Let's just leave it at that.) 

Oh, and Megan has put together three ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS graphics, which you should definitely grab to spread the word and use with your posts!




We can't wait to see what you come up with, and we'll see you on May 23!

Comments

  1. I'm curious to hear your thoughts! They're always really interesting.
    I didn't realize that Shakespeare might have been Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to writing all my posts for this event!
      Yes! There's actually quite a bit of evidence that he might have been. I read a book about it at one point, but can't recall the title off the top of my head...

      Delete
    2. Was it Shadowplay by Clare Asquith? Or a Joseph Pearce book? Here's an article with a list of recommended reading on Shakespeare's possible Catholicism, if anyone's interested:

      https://dwightlongenecker.com/was-shakespeare-catholic-a-book-round-up/

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes, it was "The Quest for Shakespeare" by Joseph Pearce! Would definitely recommend. Thanks Megan for helping me find my brain! XD

      Delete
  2. *bounces around like a rubber ball* *or maybe a toy rabbit on springs* This is gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ducks out of your way while putting on her own springs* It's gonna be amazing!

      Delete
  3. So cool that you're hosting this again! I don't know if I'll do more reviews of The Chosen or a list of favorites or just answer the tag, but it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really excited! Whatever you do, it'll be great! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun, can't wait to read the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lot of fun! School will be out of my way by then, so I'll be participating. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!