In Which Cats are Thrown and Peter Parker is Hugged//Collab with Legolas and Gimli


Since everyone had so much fun with the last collab that I did with a family member (with Pippin), I thought it might be fun to do one with Legolas and Gimli, the chaotic INFP cousins who make my life much more cuddly than I would independently choose. :) (Legolas is my sister, and Gimli is my cousin, Pippin's sister.)

(I was going to change the colors so you could tell which was which, but we each used a different font in the Google doc during the discussion, and the fonts reflected their personalities so well that I decided to keep them! Legolas is in this font, Gimli is in this font, and I am in my trusty and well-beloved Georgia.)

Enjoy!


Hello Legolas and Gimli! Welcome to Bookshire, thank you for coming!

Hi Sam! Thanks for having me!


Hello! 


So, how are you guys going today?


I’m great! I just got back home from a run, so I'm feeling nice and energized.


Funny, I always feel drained, tired, and semi-defeated after runs. You must have some special hidden talent or something. XD


My trick is complaining, so it isn’t holed up inside.


Just make everyone else tired, drained, and semi-defeated, so you don’t feel that way anymore?


Exactly!


I’ll have to try that sometime…


So, quick question, just to help everyone get to know you guys better--do you have a favorite book? If so, which one?


This is always hard for me, because I have a favorite book, trilogy, and series, and I absolutely can’t decide what to say as a favorite over all. But that’s Scorpio Races, Lord of the Rings, and The Underland Chronicles.


Haha, I just always count LOTR as one, and say that’s my favorite book. XD


That’s a crime, Sam. It’s DEFINITELY three books. But those are all really legit choices, although I haven’t heard of the Underland Chronicles.


Me neither! What are they about?


I’ve raved about them, but probably not called them that. They’re about a poor New York City kid who gets sucked into a subterranean warzone, as the “chosen one,” while trying to keep his family alive.


Whoa....I need to check that out.


Yeah, it sounds really cool!


I agree! But I'm biased, of course.


Of course! But we accept that kind of bias here. :) What about you, Legolas? Favorite book?


Well...of course it’s impossible to choose just one, but I’m a huge fan of The Giver, and the other three in that series. But, of course, I also love LOTR and the Harry Potter series and everything else.


Aarg, why’d you have to say Harry Potter! Now I have to say I have two favorite serieses. 


WAHAHAHAHAHAHA


I really should just wind you two up and let you go, and just not say anything. XD


Eh, it’s probably good to have some voice of caution.


That’s honestly dangerous, and also what Legolas said XD


Fair enough. 


It’s only fair to ask now, Sam, what’s YOUR favorite book? (you probably have this on the blog somewhere, but whatever.)


I said already! LOTR!


That’s THREE books!


The single book of Lord of the Rings, yep.


Look, Father DD has a book on the shelves of his office that says “The Lord of the Rings”. If that doesn’t make it one book, I don’t know what does.


If you had to choose just one.


 *aggressively ignores you*


I sense some indefiniteness (she says, forgetting how words work).


WHAT? NO. I’m never indefinite. You just aren’t accepting my decision. My definition, if you will.


I’m choosing not to pick a fight about that...be grateful. But it’s true that you’re never indefinite.


You know I love fights. Why would I be grateful?


I’m going to take a step back, I don’t want to get in the way of the cross fire of cats.


Cats?


Cats. Definitely cats.


When siblings fight, cats get thrown. Now I'm realizing this sounds really weird. 


I mean, we do have plenty of cats to throw.


That’s it, Sam, I draw the line at that. We’re not allowed to throw any of OUR cats. We could throw other people's cats tho. 


That’s the spirit!


That’s what I mean, lots of our neighbors have cats.


Just for the record, I do not approve of the use of cats as ballistic missiles. 


Duly noted. *clears throat* SO. 


On a slightly more sane note, do y’all have any books that you’re reading that are interesting? (she asked, suddenly realizing that her phrasing just got really weird.)


I’m reading one that’s a simultaneous retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon and Beauty and the Beast, and it’s SUPER cool!


That sounds super cool! What’s it called?


Echo North--I can’t remember who it’s by, at the moment. But it’s set in Russia!


That’s always a good thing…?


Why set a book in not Russia when you could set a book in Russia! 


Obviously! What about you, Gimli?


I’m reading Catching Fire, and consequently narrating my life like Katniss lol.


Haha, occupational hazard! (I didn’t...really...like that one. Oh well. Legolas does.)


DUDE WHAT PART ARE YOU AT????


The new scary scary police guy has been put in, and Gail was just able to go home. Also, hot take, Gail is the WORST!!


AGREED! Peeta is the best, y’all. Fight me.


I also think Thresh deserved a lot better.


I would agree with that too. Poor guy…


Okay, but “Peeta”? Who names their kid “Peeta”????


Someone with taste, obviously. 


His parents are bakers, so it really does make sense.


Pita bread is spelled p-i-t-a not p-e-e-t-a.


Although it would be better if it was Pita.


Well pita is delicious and Peeta is awesome despite the spelling.


Hmph.


What other bread products could you name your kid after? Muffin? Sandwich?


Pancake! Waffle! Naan!


There’s a historical figure in the Underland Chronicles (by the same author) named Bartholomew of Sandwich, so I think that’s worth noting. 


But that’s a last name, not a first one. For the record.


Bartholomew of Sandwich. *dies laughing*


It’s still very much worth noting that he’s from the same author and ALSO named after a bread product. If you could even call a sandwich that. 


She just has a thing for wheat manufacturing?? 


It makes you wonder what the last names are of characters who she doesn’t say the last names of. Cinna of Cinnamon Roll. 


Wait, isn’t there a Cinna in Return of the Thief?


KATNISS IS LITERALLY A FOOD IN THE BOOKS OH MY GOSH!! That’s crazy! Also a plant but let's forget about that.


WAIT, it’s a food? Wow. Conspiracy theorism alert.


Dude. What is it with Susanne Collins and food??


Maybe she starves herself for her art. And then can’t do anything but food names.


Yeah, so she’s just really hungry and all she can think about is food.


I’m going with NOT that.


That may be wise.

Okay, new question! Favorite Marvel character?


Easy! I have a whole list of them! XD.


Are you going to...reveal that list?


Haha yes I was foolishly waiting for Legolas to say something 


I haven’t heard anything about a list before...I’m a bit suspicious now.


Haha. but that would be Peter Parker, Iron Man, T'Challa, and Loki. and more that I'm not thinking about. 


AAAAAAAA PETER PARKER IS THE BEST


Y’all are such INFPs. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Just. Makes me laugh.)


I love him very much and relate to him on a Hufflepuff level.


He is the only superhero who’s really relatable to us youngsters. Also, I just love the fact that he’s trying so hard to fight the bad guys and be a good kid at the same time, and he’s so much in awe of the Avengers, and he just needs lots of hugs.


Excuse me, as a semi-youngster, I have to say, I relate to many other characters than just Peter Parker. But he does need hugs.


I would be willing to hug Spiderman. And most of the avengers. I feel like Hulk would give the best hugs.


I feel like he would give the most frightening hugs too though. 


*dies laughing* Yes, he definitely would. (I also think Nat needs hugs.)


Yeah it’s either a death hug or the best hug ever. 


Okay, so I already know the answer...and so does most everyone...but Sam, who’s your favorite Marvel character?


YOU haven’t answered the question yet.


Meh. You can go first.


Fine. Tony and Natasha are tied for the top, and Hawkeye after that. :)


For me....it varies wildly from day to day, but Thor and Loki and Natasha and Spiderman and Hawkeye and Jane and Darcy and Wanda are all up there. 


That was like eight. 


*Screams.* I just love them all, ‘kay?


Having a single favorite character is an unreasonable request.


I mean, I guess as the person who has two top favorites, I can’t really throw stones.


Thank you, Gimli. You’ve said it all.


I know that this doesn’t fit in with your fictional family, Sam, but (for both of you), what Marvel character would you want to be in a romantic relationship with?


Specificity. You know me too well. 


Wait...we’re supposed to say this when it’s being published on a blog?? That’s a very demanding request, young lady. 


Say it in code, so that nobody knows. I’d say Blorgle, personally. 


*dies*


Snorf. Possibly Shiny McSnuffle.


I do like Shiny McSnuffle dearly. But isn’t Bedumpkin just so much nicer?


Gross. Even the code name sends shivers up my spine. I much prefer ZZiffle. 


Do you even know what these code names mean, or are you just making stuff up?


I am absolutely and completely randomly hitting keys right now. 


As I suspected.


I think we might have some sort of understanding, based on our knowledge of each other's preferences, but yeah. Also just hitting keys. But isn’t ZZZiffle awesome?


You just changed the number of zs in his name.


I’m going to refrain from giving an opinion, just so I don't betray my type.


Lemme guess, Shiny McSnuffle is Peter Parker? Just a wild stab into the dark. 


That’s a legitimate guess for sure.


Oooohkayyyy moving on.


Fair enough XD


So. Gimli, you take the wheel. 


Why do y’all do this to me! Ok, how about what four fictional characters of ANY book/tv show/movie/ other fictional thing would you want to complete an escape room with? 


Epic question, Gimli. Love it!


Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.


I would say...Loki, Eugenides, Hermione Granger, and...not sure about the last one.


You literally stole two of mine. But honestly, I’d go with Gen, Hermione, Bilbo, and Matthew from The Chosen. I figure he has good powers of observation. 


Wouldn’t Gen and Matthew get in a big fight? While Hermione was like ‘Oh my gosh guys, we’re gonna die can you focus’ and Bilbo sat back and smoked his pipe?


Matthew isn’t fictional!


But doesn’t the depiction of him count as fictional?


Fineeee, I'll let it slide XD.


Just this once. XD


Personally, I think I'd go with… Gandalf, *thinks visibly.* oh my gosh this is a hard question.


You are literally the one who asked it.


I didn’t have it prepared, so I didn’t have a prepared answer lol


I think that it would be great to have Gandalf on your team, but I’d probably go with Aragorn, honestly. He seems like he’d be really good at escaping, or keeping everyone on task or whatever. OH WAIT NO HALT FROM RANGER’S APPRENTICE!!


I’m going to say Sean Kendrick as well, I think.


Of course you’re going to say Sean Kendrick.


How dare you subtly malign me! 


I’m not maligning you! I’m just saying you’re predictable!


Whoa, ladies, cool it! Sean is cool.


I’ve got a cat and I know how to use it!


Wow, I’m scared now. WE HAVE MORE CATS THAN YOU DO. (Probably…)


Who’s we?


Not anymore! Nyahahahahhahahahaha! 


WHAT?


Sam, maybe you should just go and check to make sure that our cats are okay.


Um. I’m kind of busy? Making sure no one kills each other?


You know, Gimli and I try to kill each other on a regular basis, and have since we were tiny, so I’m not sure there’s anything you can do about it anyway.


Yeah, it’s a usual thing. When we don’t have cats, hamsters do just fine.


Oh, is that where Legolas’s hamsters went....


Yeah, that was a sad loss, but it was worth it. I won that particular fight, as I recall.


I’ll admit defeat, just this once. 


Wahahaha.


WELL OKAY I think we’re almost out of time...any last things for blog readers, or of any kind?


Before we go, we need Gimli to think of two more escape room characters.


Oh right.


Oh shoot. I’m going with Rex from Clone Wars, because he’s used to chaos and would keep everyone in check, and last of all….. Drum roll please….


*drum roll*


*Thump thump thump*


I’m going with Iron Man. 


Oh, good choice...I might need to change my answer. (Literally anything to hang out with Iron Man. Or Nat.)


But would he be good at escaping? Wouldn’t he just make sarcastic comments about everyone else?


See: Iron Man 3. Remember? (I’m good at sarcasm, remember?)


I feel like he’d at least keep his head on his shoulders, and it would honestly be a sarcastic-off between everyone, myself included, in that room.


Good point. And Sam, I remember barely anything from Iron Man Three. What are you referring to?


The scene where he’s tied to a bed? AND IT’S SO CUTE?! 


Oh ho ho do I sense Sam calling a character cute? 


No, I mean, it’s cute  because he’s so desperate to get to Pepper, because *highlight for spoiler* she’s being tortured *end spoiler* and ARGH IT’S ADORABLE. (The desperation, not *highlight for spoiler* Pepper being tortured *end spoiler*.)


I was worried for a second there, Sam.


Don’t worry, I’m predictable, too. XD Okay, so, thank you guys for coming! It’s been a blast!


It sure has! Again, thank you so much for having me! I have immensely enjoyed this!


You’re welcome! My pleasure. :)


Same here! And to all the blog readers out there, make sure that you always have a healthy stock of cats and/or hamsters on hand.


What Legolas said! Also eat a cookie.


Oookay, bye!


Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!



We all had so much fun with this, so I hope y'all enjoyed reading!


What's your ballistic missile of choice? Which Avenger needs hugs the most, in your opinion? Who would you chose to help you out of an escape room?


Comments

  1. I laughed during this post more times than I can count. You guys are hilarious! Especially all together like this! Nice to hear from Legolas and Gimli! (You already know this, but tell Legolas that I agree with her that Peter Parker is the most relatable! ;)) Dogs are my favorite animal, so if I had to choose one to use for defense it would probably be a cat. XD Though he isn't my favorite, Thor definitely is most in need of a hug! The question about who you would want in an escape room is so good! I'd never thought of that! Right now my answer would be you, Sam, because you figure things out so quickly it's uncanny. But you're not a fictional character so it doesn't count, blast it. ;) I'll have to give this one some thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all laughed a whole lot while we were creating it, too!! We are hilarious--although I can't take much of the credit. XD (Btw, Legolas and Gimli both were SO excited to see what you'd say about this post. Which was really sweet. :) And they both loved your comment.)

      That makes sense, I guess! Although I do like cats, they just are the most injurious animalic missile. (I actually totally injured our pastor today with one of our cats. Not on purpose. And not badly. But very embarassingly. XD)

      Oh yeah, Thor definitely needs a hug, especially in Endgame!

      Goodness, MC, thank you! That's a big compliment, even if you can't actually use me to answer the question, because I'm not fictional. XD

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh this was SO MUCH FUN. So lovely to meet Legolas and Gimli! Your cats-as-missiles-thing is so funny. It sounds like you guys might be as wealthy in felines as my family was not too many years ago. XD

    I have to say, though, I'm on Sam's side when it comes to LotR being one book. Tolkien wanted it published as one volume, right? Only the publisher said a book that big wasn't viable and they'd have to do it in three installments? Or am I mistaken about that? I seem to recall reading this in the introduction to our copy...which is a single-volume edition. X) So I've always thought of it as one really big book.

    Also. Why would you not set a book in Russia when you had the option. I very much agree. :D

    Thor needs hugs. Loki too, for that matter. ...Honestly everyone in Marvel could use a lot of hugs.

    As for the escape room....not to be predictable, but give me the A-Team. I wouldn't have to do anything except enjoy the company and follow orders. Which is perfect, because 99.9% sure I'd be useless in an escape room anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's fun for y'all, too--it was a blast for us! Yeah, we're preeeeeety wealthy in cats right now. Not so much our cats as our cats + alllllll the neighbor's cats. XD

      Thank you, thank you! It's true, I had forgotten about that!! Tolkien wanted it as one book! I'll have to point that out to Legolas when I get off the computer. XD

      Seriously. Russia is the best. ;)

      He sure does! And I agree that Loki needs hugs, but I'm not sure I'd want to try to give him one... There are definitely a lot of traumatized people in Marvel that need Serious Hugs.

      Haha, well, that works! I've never tried an escape room... so I'm not sure how good I'd be at it. I do think I'd enjoy it--and MC thinks I'd be good at it, so. But I wouldn't say no to an experienced team of escapey people! XD

      Delete
  3. Loved the chaotic cat throwing energy! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. XD love the chaotic energy your siblings have!
    I think Suzanne Collins has the same appreciation for food that I do.
    I need to read Echo North. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I love it, too! Most of the time.
      Sounds like she does. ;)
      I would definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed both of these really fun things! So nice! It would be fun if you did a massive one sometime. Then you'd have to get more questions as well. (He says, realizing he's been using we instead of you, and quickly replacing all the wes with yous because it would be really awkward if it stayed with we... eeps)

    You better watch out because my favorite missiles are eggs! (*evil laughter*) It's really good for dodgeball, because if you hit your target, it makes them sticky and distracted by the egginess, and if you miss, it creates a slipping hazard! (*More evil laughter*)

    (Don't worry though, you have no reason that would make me want to throw eggs at you)

    As for the escape room - just forget it. I don't even know two characters that I would pick! (At the moment, sorry guys.) And I would definitely pick a picnic rather than an escape room, personally.

    Faramir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be fun to do a massive one at some point! But even with three people, it's kind of hard to coordinate in Google Docs--the behind-the-scenes was a bit ridiculous!

      Wow, eggs are a good missile...unless one is allergic to them, that is.

      A picnic could be more fun than an escape room, for sure. But it depends on the company, I think.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!