I'm Going On Hiatus!

Hey guys!

Yes, you read that right. I am taking a hiatus. But don't worry! It's only for the month of July. I'll be back in August I think, bright-eyed and bushy tailed I hope.

So. "Why the hiatus, Samantha?" you ask. 

Well. Good question. As you may know, blogging takes up a lot of time, and even though I love it very much, I am going to take July to use that time for something else.

"What could be more important to you than blogging to use your time for, Samantha?" you ask. Excellent question! I shall be doing three main things (besides working, because, y'know, money):

1. I am hoping to use July Camp NaNo to finish the first draft of my current WIP, aka Project Megan (Chappie)'s Godchild, which should be...another 50,000 words? Mayyyyybe? Maybe less? I hope less? XD Idk, though, because I don't outline, so I have no idea how much further there is to go. And I was thinking I had 25,000 words to go for the last 10,000+ words. XD And then I realized I had just reached the midpoint. At 50,000 words. (Yes, that's indeed super morale-boosting, thanks for asking.) (IT'S CONTEMPORARY IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS LONG.)

2. I have assigned the month of July as Reread The Everything month, so I am hoping to reread all of LOTR, Ranger's Apprentice, and The Queen's Thief. At least. (I also have like five other books/series on my list for if/when I finish those. XD)
I badly need a break from my TBR to reevaluate and re-center with the books that have shaped my reading life (and my life-life, if we're being honest) for a month, and possibly more. I'm a typical firstborn overachiever, and I keep thinking that I need to get my TBR to zero, which, if you know me, you know is never gon' happen. So, I need to take a month of NOT trying to work on my TBR to bask in the books that have made me who I am.
Aside from the amount of time it's going to take, reading things I've already reread a million times does not make good fodder for many reviews (although it is fun!).

3. I'm going to college in August! Which means July is prepping month! Which means lots of Stuff To Do. Like packing. And planning. And dealing with crying siblings. (Hopefully not, but y'know.)

Because apparently I like the number three, there will be three exceptions to this hiatus:

1. I will still be on Goodreads, so you'll still be able to find me there if you have book opinions you want to run by me/need excessively positive Marvel opinions/have a philosophical argument to argue about with me/have a book rec for me for after my rereading spree/want to make sure I'm not dead/want to give me chocolate (hey, I mean, it's a long shot, but not inconceivable). And you can also always email me, any time, for any of those things. :) 

2. I will be on the NaNoWriMo website, tracking my project. My username is Samantha @ Bookshire, so if you want to find and friend me, feel free!

3. I may come back for one post around the time when Black Widow releases. Because I would not miss that fangirl screaming for the world.

However, I will be completely absent from Blogger other than that one post/that one day, so I will not see any of your posts, nor post things myself.

I shall be back the first week of August to let you know how my three things went, to catch up on everything that happened while I was gone, and to announce my new modified posting schedule. Because, college. :)

But for now...this is Samantha, over and out. 

Comments

  1. That is a very good reason to take a hiatus *nods sagely* I will definitely look for updates on your WIP on the Camp NaNo site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! ;) I'm looking forward to hanging out with the Siena Society crew this July!

      Delete
  2. Tally-ho! Have a lovely break! Full of good writing that will make you bushy eyed indeed. ;) If anyone can read that many books in a month, it's you! I was going to get the second Ranger Apprentice book from the library but decided to focus my efforts on The Count of Monte Crispy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curse, you, spell check! XD XD XD That might be the funniest one yet. I meant Monte Cristo.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! (I'm not sure if even *I* can make it through that many books this month, but we'll see!) Um, I DIED laughing at "The Count of Monte Crispy", so thank you for enriching my day. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great month ahead during your hiatus, and good luck with nanowrimo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your July already sounds like it's going to be busy! I hope you have a really good hiatus and that everything works out. And just yes to everything about basking in the books that make you, 'you'. It's the best.
    See you August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going to be quite busy--and that's been born out so far! (I'm answering comments because I am a Finisher, and having unanswered comments is driving me nuts. Even though I KNOW I'm not supposed to be here. XD)
      Book basking is the best!
      See you for real in August! *disappears in a puff of smoke to go work on NaNo*

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a good hiatus! Best of luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!