The Sunshine Blogger Award 3x


I'm still here! I am surviving and thriving in college so far! Woot! And today, I bring you a tag I've been procrastinating for far too long, after being tag-backed by McKayla and tagged by Hamlette and then just tagged last week by Irene...so I'm going to answer their questions today! (Obviously. Come on, Sam, you can do better than that. *facepalm*)
(Also, I apologize in advance if any of the spacing is weird. Blogger is giving me guff today, I don't have the energy to fight back. XD)

Praecepta:
Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog. (Thanks Hamlette, Irene, and McKayla!!)
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. 


McKayla's Questions


What genre was the last movie you watched? What are your three favorite movies in said genre? 
*checks her movies list*
Um.
So, the last movie I watched was technically VeggieTales: Esther.
Wait, come back, I can explain!
We had a VeggieTales mini-marathon while doing homework the other day, and it was extraordinarily fun. But really, those are not the movies I'd usually be watching. I promise.
Anyway, so what genre exactly is VeggieTales?
Bing says "Computer Animation". I can work with that.
My three favorite animated movies are:
-The Incredibles (also one of my favorite movies, full stop)
-Tangled (again, one of my favorite movies)
-Prince of Egypt (yet again, one of my favorite movies!)
So if you didn't know, now you know, Mr. President.


Animated GIF
Possibly actual footage of me at a sports event.
If you were to attend Hogwarts, which subject do you think you'd be best at? 
What is Hermione good at? Because I'm basically her, so anything she's good at, I probably would be, too. (That was only partially a joke.)
But I mean, she's good at everything, so.
I would have an excellent time in Ancient Runes, I think. That would definitely be something I'd be good at.
Or maybe Transfiguration.


Animated GIF
This is...kind of disturbing, actually. XD
Would you play Quidditch? If so, what position?
I would not--too much risk of injury! And too much need of hand-eye coordination, lol. (But if I did play, I'd want to be the Seeker.)


Animated GIF
Favorite fantasy subgenre?
There are a lot that I like, but I will always have a soft spot for High Fantasy, for the simple reason that that is the subgenre of my favorite book. (LOTR, for you people not already in the know.) 
Also, it is literally Epic. And I like that very much.



What is a book that you think should have a movie adaptation?
RANGER'S APPRENTICE. But only if they can do it well.
And even if they did it, I probably wouldn't watch it anyway, because it would kill my mental character images.
So there's that.


Animated GIF
What. Even.
What is a book that you think shouldn't have had a movie adaptation?
Quite honestly, Howl's Moving Castle.
*dodges rotten tomatoes*
I know, I know, everyone loves it! But it's nothing like the book! And I really don't think that a faithful and *good* adaptation could be made!


Image credit to owner.
What is your favorite type of donut [man, now these are just getting weird]?
I really like maple bars, and also apple fritters.
Both of which, I realize, are non-traditional in shape.
I guess I'm just a rebel?


Does Aaron Samuels' hair look attractive pushed back (or are you with me in the Aaron is Overrated group)?
I have no idea who that is, and I have no desire to, so there. XD


Animated GIF
LOOK AT MY BOI. He loves flowers. <3
If you had to spend 24 hours locked in an elevator with three fictional characters to keep you company, which three characters would they be?
That sounds super chaotic, not gonna lie.
Let's go with:
-Sam Gamgee, because he would be a comforting presence, and why not.
-Eddis, because she is literally the sweetest, and we would have a great time talking.
-Halt, because it would be tremendous fun, and also he would be a very calming presence I think.


If you could rule the world for enough time to make one law that everyone had to follow, what would that law be?
Ideally, it would be "Love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength."
Alternately, because that one is really hard to enforce, I think I would say "No presidential campaigning." Because it really doesn't make sense to elect people who *want* to be president! And also, campaigns are really divisive. (Just realized that would be a USA specific law. Oops. I'm not going to bother thinking up a different one, though, that one took me long enough. XD)


What is your love language?
Quality time, with words of affirmation secondary, I believe.


Hamlette's Questions

So, I actually answered these questions in the comment section of Sarah Seele's blog, so I'm mostly repurposing/updating my answers! There are definitely differences in what I'm going to *say* in the answers, whether or not the answers are different (which none of them are. XD)


Animated GIF
Fantasy or sci-fi?
Fantasy. I could not live without fantasy, I don't believe. It's a perfect escape, into a world that is so obviously not our own, but which has the virtue in common. That is, if it's good comedy. However, in my opinion (and experience, which is limited, because I'm only one person), Fantasy is almost always good, and sci-fi is very seldom good. (But when it is good, I adore it with every SHRED of my being. E.g. Deep Impact, Contact, Ender's Game). This is, I think, because it's generally more philosophical than Fantasy, and our society's philosophy stinks. So, I think I'll go here with the genre that I find I enjoy most consistently. :)


Tragedy or comedy?
In general, I like comedies, because of the happy endings. Sometimes, I am in the mood for a good tragedy, but that's far more rare, and I always come back for the comedies. Because, eucatastrophe. 


Fiction or nonfiction?
AGHHHHHH. How. Reading fiction is, to me, like breathing, but I love reading non-fiction to learn things! How would I survive without learning? 
I mean, I suppose facts are sometimes woven into fiction?
I don't think I could give up fiction forever. I'll go with fiction here.


Animated GIF
Idk what this is from, but I love it.
Snow or rain?
Rain! Snow is beautiful, but in the PNW, snow means everything gets cancelled and sometimes people die because no one has snow chains, and that is...not ideal. Plus, the sheer aesthetic of sitting inside and reading/writing while sipping tea, wrapped in a blanket, and it's raining outside cannot be topped. Rain is the norm in the fall in the PNW, and I miss it so much when it's dry all summer! (I'm going to miss my fall rain this autumn. There's just a way that light rain will roll in, and everything is quiet...and the gently consistent rain in the mornings...and the heavier evening rain that makes you want to watch a movie with your family. I don't think they have those rains in Illinois. So far the only rain I've seen is pelting-insane-thunderstorm rain.


Orange juice or apple juice?
Orange juice! It just tastes better, imo. But if we're talking apple cider...that's a whole different ballgame.


Image credit: Frodo
Christmas or Easter?
Easter, 1000%. Not that I don't love Christmas, because I do. And you really can't have one without the other. But Easter is just so solemn-joyful-beautiful-eucatastrophic. As Chesterton says, "When a Christian is pleased, he is...frightfully pleased." There's an element of the terrific, in the same sense as the terrifying. He's not a tame lion. 
And the leadup of the solemn liturgies! Tenebrae, and Holy Thursday, and Good Friday! And when I'm at home, decorating the church! And then the darkness of the church, and the fire, and the EXULTET GAH, and the JOY. The terrible-big joy. And greeting people with "Christ is Risen!" 
I probably explained that really badly.
But seriously, Easter is awesome.
Moving on.


Animated GIF
Middle-earth or Narnia?
Middle-earth. I'm sorry Lewis, I love Narnia, but I just love Middle-earth and elvesanddwarvesandhobbitsandRohirrimandGondor more. And the sheer EPIC of it all. (Plus, also, in Middle-earth, the world hasn't ended, so...there's that.)


Animated GIF
Marvel or DC?
This doesn't feel like a fair question for me to answer, because I have seen exactly one (1) DC movie (unless you count Lego Batman, in which case I've seen exactly two (2)), a Batman movie so long ago that I can't remember which one, or even any of the pertinent plot points. XD
But still. MARVEL. Especially from what I've heard about DC. Just...the characters in Marvel. And the creativity. And the plots. And the THEMES!


Animated GIF
AND WITH YOUR SPIRIT
Star Wars or Star Trek?
Again, I've only seen one episode of Star Trek, so this doesn't seem like a fair question to answer. I think I'll LOVE Star Trek once/if I see more of it, but for now, I've seen more Star Wars, and it has a special spot in my heart.


Animated GIF
Old movies or new movies?
It depends on how old is "old". Five of my top ten favorite movies are:
-The Princess Bride (1987)
-Quiz Show (1994)
-Dead Poet's Society (1989)
-Prince of Egypt (1998)
-Deep Impact (1998)
But the other five movies on that list (which is pretty non-exhaustive, and changes a lot. XD) are from the early-mid 2000s. 
So, do those count as old movies, or new movies? How old is old? Is old, like, mid 20th century? Because if that's so, then I definitely like new movies better. It all depends on the definition. 


Animated GIF
Old books or new books?
OLD BOOKS. Always.
Does this even need an explanation?
I think not.



Irene's Questions

Animated GIF
1. Scotland or Italy?
DANGIT this is really hard. I totally want to go to both places someday! I think they're both beautiful! But I think Italy wins, just because of all the Catholic stuff I'd see there. :)


Animated GIF
2. Silent movies or 90's rom-coms?
I don't think I've ever watched a silent movie? And I'm pretty sure I've watched a '90s rom-com (Sleepless in Seattle counts, right?) and I liked it, so I'll go with that.


3. Tennyson or Shelley?
It may be just because I've read more Tennyson, but I'm going to say him. Shelley's stuff is fine ("Ozymandius", the only poem of his I'm sure he's read, is cool), but TENNYSON. I MEAN. "Ulysses"? It's really hard to top "Life piled on life/Were all too little, and of one to me/Little remains", or "yearning in desire/To follow knowledge like a sinking star,/Beyond the utmost bound of human thought", or best of all, "Come, my friends/'Tis not too late to seek a newer world./Push off, and sitting well in order smite/The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds/To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths/Of all the western stars, until I die." 
Also, Idylls of the King? For someone who was semi-obsessed with Arthurian legend when small, that epic poem was balm to the soul.
And "Crossing the Bar"? Ahhhh *clutches heart*


4. Ambrosia salad or plain old marshmallows?
I've never actually had ambrosia salad? It looks...um...interesting. I don't know that I'd like something that sweet? So, I'll go with plain old marshmallows. :)

Animated GIF
5. Cello or piano?
To hear, or to play? I can only play the piano, but I really love the way the cello sounds. And I love the way the piano sounds! And the way they sound together! (Speaking of which. Have you listened to The Piano Guys? Because if not...go listen now. :)) Overall, I think I'll go piano, just because of its versatility, and the fact that it's my instrument, but I like both.


6. Activities with friends or just sitting and talking?
Sitting and talking! I love doing activities with my friends--going to the art museum, getting food, going to a movie, playing badminton--but nothing beats a good philosophical or soul searching or literary discussion. 


Animated GIF
7. Cold weather or hot weather?
Cold weather! Especially during the autumn. Sweater weather all the way! I can tolerate hot weather, but I start melting. I don't enjoy it, I survive it. Whereas I thrive in cold weather, with sweatshirts and jackets and warm socks and scarves. *swoons*


8. Writing poetry or writing stories?
Stories! I wish I could write poetry, but my command of meter, and even metaphor and imagery, is not nearly good enough. I dabble in it from time to time and I'm almost always quite embarrassed by what comes out. XD (Exception: I once gave my grandmother a poem for her birthday. She loved it.) But stories on the other hand are more free and easy and just sort of spill out, rather than having to be gathered up slowly and laboriously like drops of sap dripping from a graze in a tree. 


Animated GIF
9. Texting or talking on the phone?
Talking on the phone. Texting is fun, but hearing the voice of someone you love? Unparalleled. And also, texting takes longer--the feedback in talking is immediate. Plus you can hear tone and inflection and laughter


10. Snakes or slugs?
Neither of them really freak me out. I think I'll say snakes just because they're less gross to touch. XD


Annnnd...it appears there is no eleventh question! So we are done here for today, y'all! 


My Questions:
1. What is the movie that you've watched that gave you the most emotions? (You can interpret this either as number or intensity. ;))
2. What was the first book that you fell intensely in love with?
3. What is your least favorite question to be asked, and why?
4. What is your favorite smell? (or some of your favorites, if it's too hard to narrow it down to one)
5. What's your favorite season?
6. Is there a book that you recommend to absolutely everyone, and if so, what is it?
7. What is the craziest thing you've ever done? 
8. What's your favorite superhero movie, and why?
9. Do you go to the library often, and if so, how do you tend to choose books when you browse?
10. What is your favorite position and place to read in (e.g. sitting in bed, lying on the couch, &c.)?
11. If your house was burning down and you could save three of your books, which three would you save, and why? (excluding the Bible. We'll assume that one of your parents saved the Bibles.)


And I tag (if you don't want to do it, you don't have to, but I'd love to see your answers!) (and if it's too much effort to do it your blog, you can totally answer the questions in the comments. XD):

1. Miss Megan @ The Pen and the Cross
2. CC @ Project Pursue Wisdom
3. Elizabeth @ Autumn Ink
4. Skye Hoffert @ Ink Castles
5. Sarah @ In Cordibus Jesu et Mariae
6. S. J. Barnard
7. Hamlette @ Hamlette's Soliloquy (I think it's only fair to do one tag-back, since I got tag-backed with this tag by McKayla. XD)
8. Nicole Dust @ Legend of a Writer
9. Jenelle Leanne Schmidt
10. Chloe the Movie Critic @ Movies Meet Their Match
11. You, yeah, the person who's reading this right now, if you want to do it! 


What's your love language? What LOTR character would you want to be trapped in an elevator with? What's a movie that you think is actually better than the book? 

Comments

  1. I have little interest in most sports, especially those that are really violent, but for some reason I would love to play Quidditch. XD

    Those sound like nice characters to be trapped in an elevator with! Halt would probably teach you a lot. Oh, but who's Eddis?

    I thiiiiiiink my love language is quality time, too! :) But maybe it's touch, too, as I tend to give everyone hugs and high fives all the time and they say the one you give is usually yours, right? Idk.

    Apple juice is far supierior to orange juice in all ways. ;) But only good apple juice. And never watered down *shudders*. But then again, really good orange juice is like the nectar of life, so....I may be conflicted. XD

    '"May the Force be with you." "AND WITH YOUR SPIRIT."' *chokes on air, laughing too hard to breathe* I. LOVE. IT. OH MY GOODNESS. Saaaaaaaam, you have just come up with my new favorite thing!

    When people talk about "old movies" and start listing ones made in the 80s and 90s I nearly die of laughter. XD The other day actually, I was talking with a girl about movies and I mentioned that I like old movies and she started asking about things from those times and I interrupted with saying, "like, from the 30s, 40s, and 50s" and she had no idea how to respond because she could only think of maybe one movie she had seen from that time. XD I mean, if we are going off of 30-40 years makes a movie old, then in 30-40 year all the new movies will be old, and will you have to change your answer? Or do you only like movies when they come out immediately (which is totally understandable! Some movies I get hyped about because they are new, but when I rewatch I'm not as big of a fan) and once they are even a few years old they can't be considered "new" anymore? Whereas movies from the 30s-50s were still the first to be made and it was such a new thing at the time, but are some of the oldest around that they are permanently erected as old. You know what I mean? And, maybe I'm just an old person, or have an old mind or whatever, but "new movies" seem to start at the 80s. I mean, considering how movies have been around for about 120 years, then those in the later 60 years are much newer than the ones in the previous. And, when they have been around for 160 years I'll have to adjust my views because the 80s truly will be in the older half! Now I'm curious, are there any OLD movies from those times that you like, Sam? ;) And it's totally fine if you don't like any in those old eras! I totally get that! My younger sister doesn't either! Just, imho, I would consider all the movies you listed as being "new". :)

    Sorry, rant over. XD (Except maybe not because now I want to make a blog post on this. It's not like I'm short on ideas, just time...) (Cuz, apparently I write quicker about my thoughts on old movies than when I am timed to write about Pope Francis and the environment?)

    That is adorable that you gave your grandma a poem for her birthday when you were little!! <3

    Aha...you like talking on the phone more than texting? Dude, same. Maybe we should try it sometime... ;)

    Thanks for the tag! My mind is already stewing over those questions. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I can totally see you playing Quidditch, though. :)

      Halt would definitely teach me a lot! Eddis is from the Queen's Thief series. :)

      Well, it can be kind of hard to pin down love languages, but I don't think that just because you give people hugs you have touch as yours...quality time, from what I know of you, would make sense, I think. But I don't know--you should read more about it!

      Um, I beg to differ. Orange juice is far superior to apple juice in all ways. I thought I established this in my post. XD

      Haha, I'm glad you liked it so much! But please don't choke. XD XD

      I mean, that was my question--is the 80s old or not? At this point, those aren't old yet, but they will be old eventually, and at that point, unless I like the new (i.e. within 30-40 years) movies way more, I would change my answers. I don't think I only like movies when they come out immediately! But I do think that even within a few years, they're still new. I haven't watched a lot of movies from that period, but I DO really like Singin' in the Rain and White Christmas, among others taht I ca n't remember all that well! Thank you for your opinion--and I hope I answered your questions!

      I think this would make an excellent blog post! (But being short on time is a good excuse. XD)

      It was fun! (I don't know if I would say I was 'little', though...I think I was 14 or 15 at the time? XD)

      Cool! Maybe we should! :)

      You're welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers!

      Delete
  2. EEEK I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. *flails* (It's really good to be commenting on your blog again. I feel like it's been a really long time. I should really be writing an essay on War and Peace right now but doggonit, I'll have more brain power for that after supper anyway. Right? Right??)

    "And if you don't know, now you know, Mr. President" <<< I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCCE. Hee. (And campaigning for president should totally never have become a thing, that is such a good point. Aaron Burr ruins everything.)

    I should proooobably read Howl's Moving Castle at some point. *adds it to her TBR* *at which point the TBR can't take anymore, topples over, and buries Megan under a pile of books* *Megan's hand sticks out and her voice squeaks, "help!"*

    I'm so happy you tagged me!! Your questions are FANTASTIC. I just filled out answers to Irene's questions, and you made, like, all the same choices as I did. ...Well okay all but 3. But still. *high five*

    *scurries off to complete the tag*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's so good to have you in the comments section! But I hope your War & Peace essay went/goes well, and that you did, in fact, have more brain power after supper. :)

      Good work!! :) :) (Aaron Burr really does ruin everything, oof. He was kind of the worst, ngl.)

      You probably should, because it is Amazing, and You Will Like It, but--*madly scrabbles to try to pull books off of you* *grabs your hand* *pulls you out* *catches breath* Not if it's going to come at the price of your sanity and/or life.

      Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers! And seeing which questions you answered differently from me of Irene's questions! (But one of them better not be the Tennyson/Shelley one.) *high fives you back*

      *waves goodbye to your retreating but slightly book-bruised back*

      Delete
  3. LOTR. Howl's Moving Castle. Marvel. Harry Potter. Star Wars. The Princess Bride. How is it that you've packed gifs of, like, 75% of my favorite fandoms into ONE POST? That's very impressive.

    I love all your tag questions! If I had a blog, I'd steal them and do my own tag. Two questions that I hate being asked are: 1. "What school do you go to?" Because then I say 'I'm homeschooled' and they put on their 'Ah yes, that's why she's so weird' face, and 2. "How old are you." Because then when I answer they're always like "What? You're a sophomore? I thought you're, like, ten." GAH. SOME PEOPLE ARE SHORT, Y'ALL.

    Sorry, sorry, forgive my rant.

    I'd probably want to be trapped in an elevator with Frodo. He seems like one of the less intimidating characters, and since we apparently share a personality type, I think we'd have an interesting conversation.

    --Legolas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I am amazing, clearly, that is how. XD

      (*whispers* you know, you could start a blog, and then you could answer my tag questions. Just saying.) Ah, the "what school do you go to" question is one of my least favorite ones, too. But I've never really had a problem with the "how old are you" one, mostly because people tend to think I'm older than I am, I think? But I can definitely see how that one would irritate you. XD (I heard someone actually thought you were ten the other day, possibly? *is amused*)

      Hm, Frodo would definitely be interesting to be trapped in an elevator with! He wouldn't be my pick, but I can definitely see him being yours.

      --Sam

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah, Eomer here! Good post, but two "eucatastrophies" are two to many for me XD.
    Snow is SO much bettar than rain, and hot weather better than cold, do NOT know what you are talking about, yo. If you are reading this, you can read. Hey, would you rather have a magic sword or bow? Just random question.
    If I was to be trapped in an elevator, I would have Gen, Seth, and... Pippin Took.
    I kinda LIKED the HMC remake, if you separate it from the book. I just realized I'm like, literally contradicting you completely. Sorry. Eomer out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo, Eomer, there is no such thing as too many "eucatastrophy"s.

      Says the Gryffindor. For a Ravenclaw, it's cold weather and rain all day long. (Um, what bearing does my ability to read have on this entire situation?? Just curious.) I would rather have a magic bow, then I could stay out of close conduct.

      That would be a very chaotic elevator, I think. Pardon me if I don't join you.

      I mean, it was fine if you can separate it from the book, which I have a hard-ish time with. XD

      See ya! (But remember, I can delete you comments if you get irritating.)

      Delete
  5. Loved this!
    VeggieTales is never an answer anyone should feel ashamed of or feel the need to explain XD
    I do like the Ghibli Howl's Moving Castle, but I'll admit the very first time I saw it I was disappointed because I was hoping it would be more like the book.
    In the cello or piano question I was so confused because I had an album playing in the background and when I scrolled down the violin/cello in the song played so exactly onto what Steve was playing on the cello that I thought the GIF had sound for a full second. (also the piano guys are so good right!)
    Thanks for the tag btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I meant to say this first, but I'm so glad you're doing well! Or at least surviving at college. Sounds like you've been having a blast with it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!
      Okay, fair enough. :D
      It's likeable, as long as one can separate it enough from the book, which I admit I find sort of tricky.
      Oh my goodness, that's so funny! What a serendipitous coincidence! The piano guys are SO good.
      You're very welcome!
      And thank you again!

      Delete
  6. I saw the Esther gif and I was just like, "Awww! One of my favorite Veggie Tales songs!" <3

    I don't know the other two characters you chose, but having Samwise in an elevator would be really nice. :)

    Yes!!! Your description of Easter is just perfect. Absolutely perfect. Even though Christmas is my favorite holiday, Easter is super special and important to me. The glory of it all is unparalleled.

    And also your reasons as to why talking on the phone beats texting are so true!! I agree 100%!

    Thank you so much for the tag! I look forward to completing it!! <3 God love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! And if you ever have the chance to try ambrosia salad, I highly recommend it! My Granny makes a beautiful ambrosia salad for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and it's one of my favorite things at those dinners. <3

      Delete
    2. It's one of my favorite VeggieTales songs, too! :)

      I mean, having Samwise in any place/way would be nice, to be fair. XD

      Aww, thank you!! Its glory is indeed unparalleled. Christmas is wonderful, too, though, of course!

      Yay, talking-on-the-phone club!

      You're very welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers!

      And I definitely will try ambrosia salad if I get the chance! It's so cool that it's one of your holiday dinner traditions. :)

      Delete
  7. Veggie Tales marathon while studying sounds thoroughly enjoyable (though I do have to wonder how much studying actually got done...;) ) Ahhhh, The Incredibles, Tangled, and Prince of Egypt are also among my favorite movies ever. (Whenever someone tells me they don't watch animated movies I just...die a little on the inside. Because there are so many excellent ones. AH. I adore animation)
    You picked a great group of people to be stuck in an elevator with. But now I kind of want to make it really chaotic and lock you in an elevator with Gollum, Howl, and Eugenidies...
    I love rain and cold weather and jackets and sweaters and being cozy inside. It rained this weekend and my sister made soup and I think it made me happier than I've been in weeks.
    Philosophical, soul-searching discussions with friends are the best. Whenever I get together with some of my best friends, our go-to is to lay on the floor eating snacks and talking about anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know how much studying *other* people got done, but I did indeed get zero studying done. XD I didn't *need* to study at the time, though, so.

      I must say, you have good taste. :) (Wait, there are people who DON'T WATCH ANIMATED MOVIES? What. How.)

      Thank you! Um, Gollum, Howl, and Gen...that sounds...interesting. I mean, it could be fun. XD I think we'd probably end up escaping from the elevator pretty quickly, with that gang...

      I know, me too! Ahhh I need to get me some soup! It's just started raining here, and it's making me happy. (And a bit bitter-sweet, because the rain is not like rain at home, which sounds weird, but it's true.)

      Those conversations are truly are the best! I may need to introduce the laying-on-the-floor-snacking-and-talking thing here...

      Delete
  8. Wonderful answers to my lame questions! lol Slugs and Snakes? What the heck was I thinking. I'm kind of worried about the person who chooses slugs, to be honest...
    Ambriosua salad is super tasty, by the way! Especially with tangerines in it.
    I agree with you about the hot vs. cold weather one so much! Very well put, surviving versus thriving.
    I like Tennyson so much, and I just received a copy of the Idylls of the King, so I'll be reading that soon.
    And sorry, I did add another question when I realized I only had ten, but it was too late LOL
    Thanks so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I didn't think your questions were weird! Just a bit...eccentric. ;)
      I'll have to try it one of these days...
      Yay, another cold weather person! Thank you. :)
      Ooh, you are going to LOVE it! SUCH an amazing epic poem, that goes places that many of the original tales should have but didn't.
      Oh, oops. XD
      You're very welcome!

      Delete
  9. Veggie Tales was my childhood, and my Dad and I still quote it an alarming amount. You definitely remind me of Hermione. The amount of books you read and all your post are always so thought out and well written. I don't think Howl's Moving Castle can be made into a movie either, they'd always get it wrong. I like the movie, but only if I don't compare it with the book at all. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VeggieTales was totally my childhood, too!
      Aww, thanks! I like to think I'm like Hermione, but having external validation is nice. :)
      Exactly, the movie is fine unless it's compared to the book, in which case it's...not my favorite, let's just say.
      You're very welcome!

      Delete
  10. Haha that gif and caption about you at a sports event. XD Same girl, same.

    I also greatly appreciate that rain gif. So relaxing.

    You have super fun questions! I might just answer them :)

    1. What is the movie that you've watched that gave you the most emotions? (You can interpret this either as number or intensity. ;))
    "The Shack" gave me the most intense emotions that I've ever felt. I sobbed my way through that one.

    2. What was the first book that you fell intensely in love with?
    I'm pretty sure that goes to Little Women. The March girls felt like genuine sisters.

    3. What is your least favorite question to be asked, and why?
    At the moment, it is "What are you going to do for your 21st????" because I throw my hands up in the air and say 'I HAVE NO IDEA!' XD (My birthday is sandwiched between aaalll the public holidays for Christmas & Boxing Day and it's way too hard to know what will be open.)

    4. What is your favorite smell? (or some of your favorites, if it's too hard to narrow it down to one)
    The smell of rain hitting the dusty ground and settling it - petrichor, I believe it's called. Also the smell of the grass being mowed outside. *drinks it in*

    5. What's your favorite season?
    I'm torn between summer and spring and not sure I'll ever decide which.

    6. Is there a book that you recommend to absolutely everyone, and if so, what is it?
    Quite possibly "Little Women" would fit that bill? Or perhaps, Bob Goff's "Everybody, Always".

    7. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
    Oh honey, too many to count, haha. Maybe doing a 12+ hour movie marathon in the movie cinemas of LOTR while dressed up in costume? Or learning to wakeboard in jellyfish-and-shark-infested waters? :P (#gottaloveaustralia)

    8. What's your favorite superhero movie, and why?
    Ehh, I'm not into superhero movies. Maybe "Batman Begins" because Christian Bale is cool? (Mostly because he plays in Little Women and Newsies, haha XD)

    9. Do you go to the library often, and if so, how do you tend to choose books when you browse?
    Yes, fairly often. Well, anywhere between once a fortnight to once a month, roughly. Is that often? I rarely pull a book from the library unless I know the author or the title, or someone has recommended it. I will often research books, check to see if the library has it, create a list, and then see what I can find of them next time I'm there, haha. (Not very adventurous, I know.)

    10. What is your favorite position and place to read in (e.g. sitting in bed, lying on the couch, &c.)?
    Sprawled on the couch, or sitting outside on the chair in the sun, overlooking our yard, with a coffee in hand. :D

    11. If your house was burning down and you could save three of your books, which three would you save, and why?
    The copy of Anne of Green Gables that my directors gave me from the play I was in (it's a great book! And it was one of the first Australian editions, I believe), maybe our copy of Pride and Prejudice because it's really pretty? Aaand... maybe a copy of Shakespeare monologues that a theatre friend gave me, as I have notes scattered throughout it for future use. (TBH, I don't have many books that hold sentimental attachment, and I love stories not for their covers but for the words, so it wouldn't destroy me if I had to purchase another copy. Sentiment would be the greatest disappointment.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, why is it that people are so passionate about something that's boring most of the time??

      Yay, so happy to see your answers!

      1. Ooh, I've never even heard of "The Shack"!

      2. Ahh, Little Women! What a good one. It's one of the first books I remember my mom reading to me. :)

      3. Why do people always assume that we know what we're doing for birthdays that are months away??? Or that we are going to be doing something big for arbitrarily "significant" birthdays?? (For instance. I did Nearly Nothing for my 16th, and have no big plans for my 21st, either. XD)

      4. Ooh yes, petrichor is the best!

      5. Summer and spring are both good seasons! (Fall is my favorite, personally, but definitely spring second.)

      6. Little Women is an excellent universal recommendation! (Would you even recommend it to a guy, though? Just curious.)

      7. Goodness, a movie marathon of LOTR in costume sounds like SO MUCH FUN! May need to do that someday... (learning to wakeboard in jellyfish-and-shark-infested-waters sounds...less fun. XD)

      8. Hm, I'd not ever heard of "Batman Begins" either... apparently my cinematic knowledge is sadly lacking.

      9. I would say that's often! I'm kind of the opposite of you...if I want a specific book from the library I'll put it on hold, but if I'm browsing I'll just find whatever looks interesting!

      10. Both of those sound like excellent ways to read! :)

      11. Ooh, yes those are all great books to save, methinks. (I honestly don't have that many books that hold sentimental value, either...I don't know what my answer to this question would be, but I like your answer. :))

      Delete
    2. First of all, I just have to say I agree with you for most of the things. And I would definitely pick Sam Gamgee to be in the elevator, because he would never, ever give up hope.

      1. Movies? Really... they're just not my thing. "I would infinitely prefer a book," as Mary Benett said.
      Ahem.
      So, I'd have to choose LOTR, because just some scenes are so good. (And I know you and your sibs would yell at me for thinking this is the best movie out there, but please spare me! I'm rereading the book right now, if that helps your feelings of indignation towards me.)

      2. Gah. I don't even remember. I'd have to say Tuesdays at the Castle, though, because I was introduced to that quite early and really love it.

      3. Probably favorite book of all time, because I have about 30 or more competing for 1st place. halp...

      4. halp again, too many! But vanilla would probably be my winner.

      5. Autumn, and NaNo season along with that. Or Easter season...

      6. Um... Well, obviously LOTR

      7. ... NaNo?

      8. Nooope! Nope! None! I literally have watched none. (My movie list is threadbare)

      9. I live in a library, Sam. I don't need a library very often. (Although fantasy is my win)

      10. Lying down.

      11. LOTR, my big Nat Geo Bird book, and Shorter Christian prayer. Because the LOTR book we have is just beautiful, and I need mah birds, and I made a resolution to do shorter Christian prayer.

      Thanks for hosting this, Sam! Please tell Eomer and Legolas and the other sibs that I'm still here ;)

      Faramir

      Delete
    3. Yeah, Sam would be great in the elevator!

      LOTR does give a lot of emotions!

      Tuesdays at the Castle is great. And that's a good least favorite question, too...

      Vanilla is a good smell!

      You don't really live in a library, you just have a lot of books, sir. XD

      That's a good set of books!

      Delete
    4. Update: I watched a movie with my fam a few weeks ago, don't remember what it was called, but it was sort of like a superhero movie? I'd pick that. Period. Done.

      Faramir

      (P.S. Hope you have fun at home!)
      (P.P.S. I miss you already)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!