November Wrap-Up


It is not the end of November. I deny it. Strenuously and repeatedly. Okay, okay, fine. It's the end of the month. That's why I'm here. But seriously--what happened to October? *cries*
Honestly, though, November was almost second-best to October, since many leaves were  still on the trees, and it's just a bit colder (40s and 50s, I will add, since 'cold' is relative) and slightly more rainy.  But I still miss October. And I don't think I'm ready for December? I mean, Christmas is in less than a month? *dies* On the flip side, though, happy New Year! (No, I'm not kidding--the 2021 liturgical year started yesterday! Goodbye 2020!)
Okay, now that I'm done having an existential crisis, here's my wrap-up.

Blog

On My Blog:
Review: "Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draanen
Multiple POVs: One Reader's Perspective
Review: The Casson Family series by Hilary McKay
Tag: The Sunshine Blogger Award (2x)
Review: "Assassin's Apprentice" by Robin Hobb
Bullet Journaling for the Unaesthetic: A Look Inside My Bujo
Review: November Cakes!

Around the Blogosphere:
Christine Smith is (still) doing her annual Know the Novel Linkup, which is (still) a ton of fun to follow. 
Movie Critic had a costume blog party! I wasn't able to join, but it was fun to see everyone else's costumes. 
Penny started talking about differences between the 1995 and 2005 Pride and Prejudice, which is an interesting and polarizing comparison. :)
Megan Chappie made a list of fabulous masculine friendships. Go read it, you will appreciate it (she talks about Hamilton, guys! Read it!).
The WIP Four-part Special is going around, which is another fun intro to people's WIPs!

Books

I did a TON of rereading this month, because I looked at my bookshelves and realized that I had a ludicrous number of books that I had not read in...ages. So I made a list of ones to reread, and it has been delightful to revisit old favorites. But that's why there are so many MG rereads on my list. XD

Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Smellosophy by A. S. Barwich
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
My Sister St. Therese by Sister Genevieve of the Holy Face
The Dragon's Tooth by N. D. Wilson
Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief by Wendelin Van Draanen
Excerpts from The Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans by Plutarch
Quo Vadis by Henry Sienkiewicz
*The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
*Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman
*Spiderweb for Two by Elizabeth Enright
*As You Wish by Cary Elwes
*Mousemobile by Prudence Breitrose
*St. Patrick's Summer by Marigold Hunt
*Once Upon a Toad by Heather Vogel Frederick
*Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald
*The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
Symphony for the City of the Dead by M. T. Anderson
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
*Word to Caesar by Geoffrey Trease
The Eagle by Rosemary Sutcliff
*Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
*Ever by Gail Carson Levine
*Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
*The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
*Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher
*To The Heights by Brian Kennelly
*The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
*A Traveller In Time by Alison Uttley
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
*The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
The Comedy of Dante Alighieri: Cantica I: I'Inferno by Dante Alighieri 
*The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald
*Working With Farm Animals by Temple Grandin
*The Sword in the Stone by T. H. White
Above Suspicion by Helen MacInnes

Movies
It looks like I watched a lot of movies this month (which I did) but the first two we actually watched in the last two days of October, after I posted October's Wrap-Up. :)

Animated GIF

*The Princess Bride
This movie is probably my favorite movie of all time, even though this was only the second or third time I've watched it. My word, it's amazing. The acting is fantastic, the setting and costumes are fantastic, the script is perfection, and don't get me started on the sword fighting! Buttercup + Westley are amazing together forever. No part of the movie ever gets old. 


Animated GIF

Secrets of the Zoo S1:E5
We found this show on Disney+, and have been having a fantastic time with it! My whole family loves animals, but we also have diverse interests, and there's something for everyone! Baby animals for Legolas and Galadriel, strange and gross animals for Eomer and Gandalf, and veterinary scenes for me. :) This particular episode had a bunch of cool things, including rare animals called takin, and cheetah ultrasounds!


Animated GIF

The Mandalorian S2:E1
Eomer was SO excited when this released, and I decided to watch it with him. I loved how the whole thing totally had an Old West feeling, even down to the dramatic tavern confrontation. I do feel like as a TV show, they're taking foreeevveeeerrrr to get to the actual plot (i.e. Baby Yoda). But of course, that's a function of...being a TV show. 


Animated GIF



*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Wow. I love this movie a lot. Can we talk about how good it is? Can we talk about how awesome the actors are? Can we talk about that scene where Maggie Smith brings the statues to life and then is all happy about it?
But also, I think the filmmakers did a lot to make it even more poignant than the book, and I am so here for that. Because--R & T reaching for each other? The scene where Harry has to go past his friends to meet his destiny? (The gif is almost making me cry, not gonna lie). The scene with R & H and the snake? The scene in the Forbidden Forest with the snitch & the stone? Argh! So much amazingness! And sadness! And emotionalness! (I will admit, though, that during the movie, my horrible INTJ self did not cry at all, while poor INFP Legolas was gushing tears.) 


Animated GIF

*Tangled
This one is only MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE EVER. And I had a super fun time watching it again with everyone. Because Rapunzel is SO relatable, and the villain is so believable, and Flynn is fantastic (and um, kind of smolder-y, even if Rapunzel broke it), and their relationship is <3. And the visuals! Wow. Wow. (Also, Flynn-aka-Eugene kind of reminds me of Gen from The Queen's Thief which I love). 


Animated GIF

Bride and Prejudice
Would you believe that I had never watched a Bollywood movie before? But I loved this one! (I mean, it's a retelling of Pride and Prejudice set in India! What's not to love?) I have an abiding love for India in general (I hope to go there one day!) and I loved getting to see facets of the culture, and some of the different awesome things about it. And the casting! The casting was so perfect. The songs were hilarious, "Mrs. Bennet" was perfection, and the adaption of the plot to the setting was *chef's kiss*. 


Animated GIF

*Inside Out
This was the first movie I watched on the plane to Poland when I went there with my choir, so it holds a fair bit of nostalgia for me. I really enjoyed sharing it with my family--there was a lot of hilarity! I think we're going to be singing the Triple Dent Gum thing randomly for awhile. I like the way they do the parts of the brain--it's really fun and creative! But at the same time, the emotions have emotions? It's a bit meta. (Also...the fact that the emotions don't appear until after the baby is born? Strikes me as a bit anti-life.) But overall, we had a super fun time watching it for Family Movie Night. (And, Sadness? It me. (well, the negativity at least. I don't usually collapse))

Animated GIF
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Oh. My. Word. This. Movie. It was hilarious and deep at the same time (but mostly hilarious), and the video game references were on point, and the actors were SO TALENTED. Because they had to play people-who-had-gotten-put-into-their-bodies (it's complicated), and that takes chops. And I mean, Jack Black pretending he's the avatar of a valley-girl? The. Most. Funny. And. Amazing. And the script! The script was pure. genius. at. all. times. And the NPCs? Hysterical. The whole movie was a not-a-comedy extremely funny movie. The sometimes-slightly-inappropriate-but-also-hilarious bits notwithstanding, I LOVED this movie. So much. 



The Rookie
We don't usually watch sports movies? So my siblings were super skeptical of this movie, but we all ended up really enjoying it. It may seem like a simple story: rookie pitcher and coach tells his (failing) high school team that if they make it to district, he will try out for the major leagues. But it's really a deep story, with lots of heart and even suspense...there were a lot of parts where I was biting my fingernails! I really love how proud and protective the team is of "Coach", and how protective he is of them as well--it's really beautiful! And also: the high schoolers look...like high schoolers, which is a big plus. And the coach is a southpaw! I'm a fan of this, since I'm also a southpaw. :) (For some strange reason, I found no gifs for this movie, so I'm instead putting the trailer.)


Animated GIF
Strictly Ballroom
Okay, this is a strange movie: it starts out as a faux documentary, and then becomes just a "plain" movie. It's very dramatic, and it's set in Australia so all the actors have fantastic accents. It's about a ballroom dancer who decides he wants to dance his own steps...which of course sets of a huge reaction from his mother, who runs a studio. And his partner. Who dumps him. So if he wants to dance his own steps, he has to find a new partner, but no one wants to dance with him. *sad face* Scott, the main character is preeeeetty clueless, which was a bit irritating, but worked for the story, and by the end he has definitely learned. A ton. A lot of what I could say about what is lovely and fun about this movie is a spoiler, but boy, it's pretty gorgeous by the end. (That last dance!)

Animated GIF
*The Princess Diaries
I always forget how much I enjoy this movie? But it's Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews, so seriously, what is not to love? The whole thing is just fantastic. I love Joe's little quips, the Genovian consulate, that one dinner party ("Was that my fault?"), and the way Hathaway's character slooooowly grows throughout the movie to become the young woman she was meant to be. So well acted. Brilliant. 

Life


Firstly, we found out that Cassie is pregnant! (Because she didn't come back into heat when she would have if she wasn't pregnant). So we're expecting kids around March 14th! Her kids will all have blue eyes. :) We also bred Dora (the little cow-looking goat in the front of this picture (actually, she's a rather large cow-looking goat, for her breed)) which was a saga, since I thought she was in heat when she was coming into heat, resulting in a...fun attempted breeding session. Luckily, she came into true heat three days later, and we were able to successfully breed her. And yes, I was holding her collar, so I got reallllllllly stinky from the buck. It was lovely. My mom didn't want to touch me for two days, even after I changed all my clothes. And showered. We'll find out if Dora is pregnant at the very end of the month.



It snowed at Rivendell! On the 11th! (I was not there personally, but Mom took this nice picture) It didn't stick, but it was pretty while it lasted. No, it has not snowed at our city house, and probably will not for another...two or three months. If at all. (Rooting for a snowless winter here, myself.)
This picture is a good place to also note that my grandparents unfortunately did not get to visit this month, because of the increased travel restrictions on the West Coast. Sadness. Oh well, maybe they'll come in the new year.



So, I took the Enneagram test. I was...quite skeptical, let's say, when my first test said I was a 1, and so I took another one, and when this screen popped up, I knew it was the correct answer, lol. I am so Hermione-esque it's almost not funny. (I also scored pretty high on the 5, I think? Which also makes sense? I guess?). I don't actually know a lot about what this result means (if you would like to enlighten me in the comments, feel free), but now I get the Enneagram jokes, at least. Sort of.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving: we got to go to Mass, and all four of our active priests concelebrated, which was beautiful. We haven't had a concelebrated Mass since...February. Then we came home and cooked and ate huge amounts of food. It was excellent. And in the evening, we got to go to Pippin's family's garage for dessert--and Pippin is home! It was so good to see him. Overall, a wonderful Thanksgiving.



It's the season of early darkness, which means it's time for my siblings to start playing their ridiculous November game (who am I kidding, I play it, too). Basically, it's soccer+hockey played with almost any kind of ball (we've done it with a soccer ball and a basketball; right now we're using a wiffle ball), as well as broom handles and occasionally baseball bats, in our alley (yes, having to get out of the way for cars is traditional). We call it hickerball. The rules involve points being scored by actually hitting the ball into the goal, OR hitting it between someone's legs, OR saving it from going into the street after someone else's goal. The last one only applies for certain refs...because really the only rule is that the ref has absolute power. There are certain other conventions, but that's the only rule. Needless to say, it's a hoot. And yes, traditionally played in the half-dark.

December Plans

  • More Advent! Yay! (I don't know why I love Advent so much??? Lent is normally my favorite liturgical season, but apparently the dumpster fire that was Lent this year has made me cling to Advent?)
  • The-thing-that-I-still-am-not-telling-you-about-yet! Is happening! In December! And I! Am over! The moon! Since it hasn't! Been cancelled! (Can you tell I'm excited?)
  • Marathoning LOTR with Pippin while sitting outside in the cold, because COVID
  • Not decorating for Christmas until December 24 (cuz that's how we roll in my family)
  • Celebrating Christmas! And the whole Christmas season! Which comes after Christmas!
  • Probably watching Christmas movies and getting called a Grinch (long story, but from the two bullets above, you might see partially why. XD) 
  • Finishing my first school quarter of this year! (*sigh of relief*) 
  • Knitting a hat? Maybe? I knit myself some fingerless gloves earlier this year, and I kinda want a hat to go with. I didn't have time during the quarter, but maybe in December?
  • Finishing a bunch of the textile projects I'm working on (cuz they're Christmas presents, so I hope I finish them) and starting some new ones (cuz Fr. DD wants some more burses and chalice veils, so I'm going to try to teach myself to make those. Maybe.) I will show you the ones I've been working on...but I think most people I'm giving them to read my blog, so I can't show them to you yet. 
What did you do for Thanksgiving this year? Do you want to enlighten me about Enneagram? How was your November?

Comments

  1. Happy liturgical new year!!!! I'm super excited for Advent, too - it's the season of hope we really need right now. :D

    As an INFP, I relate too much to Legolas gushing tears during the entirety of Deathly Hallows part 2. I think I cried for the entire thing. XD but it was SUCH A GOOD MOVIE <3

    Haha, welcome to the Enneagram club! I wish I could enlighten you on what your result means, but sadly I'm not very educated in that personality test. BUT it's super fun to find the characters that share your type. ;)

    I hope you have a wonderful December and Christmas, Samantha! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy liturgical new year! Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one excited for Advent this year. :)

      I mean, I was gushing tears on the inside. XD I know, it's AMAZING!

      Haha, yay! I'll have to do some more looking into it at some point, since it seems like it may be helpful? But yes, finding characters/people who share my result has been fun so far. :)

      I hope you have a lovely December and Christmas as well, Nicole! <3

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for the mention! :D

    Addressing your list of books: I LOVE The Girl Who Drank the Moon and Where the Mountain Meets the Moon (I need to finish that series)!! Both breathtakingly beautiful books. Fahrenheit 451 is such an important book, and my little sister just read it so I've been wanting to revisit it, too. Oh, I see that you've jumped into the Sammy Keyes series! I've only read the first two books, but I really want to read the others. Question: what did you think of The Fault in Our Stars? I've heard both good and bad things about it.

    Ack, I love The Princess Bride and The Princess Diaries! (I also see that you've read Cary Elwes memoir, which my older sister really enjoyed and has told me all about ;)). I didn't cry during HP:DH2 only because I kept getting interrupted while watching it and had to keep pausing it. *sigh* Maybe next time! Which will be because of Neville, of course. <3 Oh, that Jumanji movie was so funny! My sister recommended it to me and I had a ton fun watching it, and it was a great distraction for me because I'd just had my wisdom teeth pulled. I love P&P so I really want to see Bride and Prejudice!

    (How many times am I going to say that "I really want" in this comment? XD Now I sound like Mia Thermopolis...)

    Enneagram! *rubs hands together* I haven't taken an official test, but after a lot of reading I think I'm a 9. Or a 1 with really developed wings. And my sister thinks I'm a 2. I don't actually know, lol. But, it's so fun to type fictional characters with it! I don't know if the test you took just told you what you are or gave you a reason, but it's really interesting to learn the basic desire and fear of each type. That's my tip. ;)

    Have a good Decemer! I'm totally with you about celebrating Christmas afterwards instead of before! That's how we've always done it. We open one present on each day of the twelve days of Christmas, which I love but my younger sister hates. Oh well. Looking forward to learning about this mysterious thing you keep mentioning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      Those two are SO GOOD! I appreciated Fahrenheit 451 much more this time around than when I had to read it for school when I was 13. XD Yes, I did! I'm a little on the fence about whether to read on (it's what, 18 books long? *eyebrow raise*) but I really enjoyed the first one. The Fault in Our Stars was...kind of meh for me. It really didn't touch me emotionally at all (although, I mean, INTJ here, so take that with a grain of salt) and I thought the plot was...a bit obvious, and there were some vulgar bits. On the other hand, it was well-written, and I liked how the teenagers actually had complex conversations about life...kind of like teenagers do in real life. XD

      I know, I love those too! (Would HIGHLY recommend the Cary Elwes memoir. :)). Neville. <3 Love that kid. (Old Lady Samantha alert, lol). Wasn't Jumanji fantastic? I loved how the humor was worked in through the whole thing, so it was a drama, not a comedy. You should really see it sometime!

      I'm going to have to look into it some more! I should definitely look more closely at the basic desire/fear. :)

      You too, MC! I'm glad someone is with me on that. XD I mean, I do enjoy listening to limited amounts of Christmas music during December, but really, the celebration should come *after* and not during the preparatory season. I like that opening-one-each-day thing! My family doesn't do that, but I can see how it would be really fun! I bet it stretches out the celebration really well.
      I'm looking forward to telling y'all about the mysterious thing! I hope my mentioning it hasn't gotten too irritating. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Samantha! I just found your blog and I love it! I'm a fellow Catholic teen book/snail mail blogger, but I just started after I took a dual enrollment class on blogging. If you want to check it out here it is: https://todaywithmissk.blogspot.com/.

    And happy liturgical new year to you! Celebrating Christmas after is the best way to go. :) We've always put up our tree on Christmas Eve and leave it up until Candlemas.

    -Miss K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss K! Nice to meet you! It's so lovely to meet another Catholic blogger. I will be sure to check out your blog. :)

      Happy liturgical new year to you, too! I definitely agree. Putting up the tree on Christmas Eve is a lovely way to do it! My family usually puts up our Jesse Tree at the beginning of Advent, and wait to decorate it until Christmas Eve. :)

      -Samantha

      Delete
  4. Once again just impressed by the amount of books. I love The Girl Who Drank the Moon and The Secret Garden.
    The last Harry Potter movie was so good!
    Hope you have a fantastic December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those ones are so good!
      It really was!
      I hope you have a great December as well, Skye!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe it's already snowing in some places in the world.... but it IS pretty, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's somewhat ridiculous. I can appreciate the aesthetic, but I'm not eager for it to come on a regular basis. :)

      Delete
  6. How-how is November over? I'm shocked. It feels like 2020 has gone by so fast. I'M NOT READY FOR IT TO BE OVER. But I also kind of am. *shrugs*
    Ooh, you read a lot of good books this month (and, as always, I am impressed with the sheer number of books you read). I LOVE The Penderwicks series. It's seriously one of my favorite MG series ever.
    The Girl Who Drank the Moon is really good, too. As are The Scorpio Races, The Secret Garden, and Understood Betsy (though I don't remember much of that one. I need to do a reread). The Princess Bride is an AMAZING movie, and, ahhh, I love it! I love The Princess Diaries, toooo. And Jumanji! It's just so funny. I think I've seen it, like, ten times? My sister and I actually saw it when it came out, which is one of the rare times that I've actually done that.
    Hickerball sounds oddly similar to a game that my sisters and I have, which is basically Capture the Flag but in the snow.
    So, Enneagram. I wasn't actually too familiar with the test until this month (or last month. Something like that), and 1 seems to fit you very well (from my limited knowledge). According to the test, I'm a 4, which is incredibly fitting (a 4w5, technically. I also have a lot of 7 in me. Not sure how that fits, but it oddly kind of does. Of course I'm an INFP Gryffindor, so a lot of my type combinations seem contradictory.
    Ah, yes, the Christmas gift making craziness. I am, like, the worst crafter ever, but I still try my hand at Christmas crafting .
    Hope you have a good December, and a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have no idea how we got here! I'm...sort of ready for it to be over. But also, I want my October back.

      I did! It was a great reading month. The Penderwicks is AMAZING, and I love TGWDtM, and Scorpio Races, and Secret Garden! I hadn't remembered much of Understood Betsy before my reread, besides the fact that it had bored me when I was little, but I really enjoyed it the second time around. ALL OF THE MOVIES WITH 'PRINCESS' IN THE TITLE. (Okay, maybe not. But at least those two.) I could probably watch Jumanji at least fifteen more times without getting bored. Probably one of the funniest movies I have seen in my entire life. It's so cool you saw it when it came out!

      Okay, Capture the Flag in the snow sounds amazing. (Seriously--we need to make some of these into professional sports!)

      I'm glad 1 seems to fit me! I'm planning on doing some more research into Enneagram soon. Wow, INFP Gryffindor! I kind of love that, but it is a wee bit contradictory. :)

      I hope you have a lovely December and Christmas as well!

      Delete
  7. Capture the Flag in the snow is amazing. And, the best part is, since it's in the snow, if you do an incredibly out-of-control leap to grab someone, and land on the ground, you won't get injured.
    Yes, it's definitely a little contradictory, but, according to my friend who knows A LOT about personality types, it fits me very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a good point--fewer injuries in capture the flag are definitely a goal.
      From what little I know of you, it does seem to fit. :)

      Delete
  8. Love this post! You've been really busy. I can't believe November is over either, it feels like in only started a week ago.

    I completely forgot the movie 'Rookie' existed! It was one of those movies I watched a lot when I was little, but I haven't thought about it in a while.
    You have too many good movie and book choices, although there are quite a few I don't think I've watched/read yet so it's always nice to find more.

    The pictures all look amazing btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really have. :) I know, wasn't October, like, two weeks ago?

      I'm glad I could remind you of one of your favorite old movies! Haha, I do probably have too many. :)

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. AGGHH SAMANTHA I feel like I haven't commented on ANY of your posts in FOREVER. (I mean, I actually feel like I haven't commented on ANYBODY'S posts in forever, but STILL.) November has gone ridiculously fast. Like...Advent. December. Christmas coming. Wut. Where did that autumn go.

    My sister is dying to know (and so am I): how did you like The Eagle of the Ninth? (It's one of said sister's top favorite books, I think. We got up ridiculously early one day recently and sneaked downstairs to watch the movie before the rest of the family was up. It was glorious good fun, even though the movie is...not very faithful to the book in Rather Important Ways.)

    The Rookie is one of our favorite baseball movies! (And baseball is...insanely important to my family, lol.) My brother's a pitcher, so we're very fond of The Rookie. :) It was also the first movie that introduced us to Dennis Quaid, so whenever I see him in any other movie (Midway!!), I think, "There's the Rookie."

    Happy belated Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you could have a concelebrated Mass again. <3 And a blessed Advent to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan! Good to "see" you! But please, don't worry at all about commenting, I totally understand the insanely busy thing. :) (Seriously, though, where DID autumn go?)

      I really enjoyed it! I liked how he found a purpose for his life after he was injured, which was not easy to do then, and still isn't, really. But then also how he grows through his travels and makes the right choice at the end, even though it was hard. Ooh, movie sneakiness sounds very fun! I may have to watch the movie at some point, though of course with the understanding that it...diverges.

      Well, I haven't watched many baseball movies, so it's probably one of my favorite baseball movies, too! XD I don't think I've seen anything else with Dennis Quaid in it yet, so I'm sure I'll be in the same boat. :)

      Happy belated Thanksgiving to you, too! I hope you have a lovely Advent.

      Delete
  10. If we're still allowed to ask about the books you read, I'd very much like to know what you thought of The Dragon's Tooth and Above Suspicion. :P
    Also, Understood Betsy!! That's a dear of a book. I'm really mad that my library got rid of it.

    I really really reeeeally wanna watch The Rookie. Have for a while, and I'm so pleased to hear it's good.
    Also, the princess movies! Those are so fun. I got them mixed up when I was little. It was weird. I would confuse my mom terribly by talking about the mean rat monster and the RHYMING GUY THE RHYMING GUY in Princess Diaries.

    For some reason I had the impression you live in a northerly, snowy region and now the person-geography-sorting function in my brain is confused. But that's a very pretty picture of snow. Snow is an exquisite thing.

    Okay so it's cool you took the Enneagram test and are a 1, and yes, I see it. I started to write you a whole paragraph about it, but then it turned into an actual novel, so I've deleted it and will just say: high five, Ones are cool (I'm a One :P), and also I totally called it. Oh, and do you know your wing? I'm guessing Two, but I don't really know.

    Your November game looks so fun! Also, outdoor games played with family in the half-darkness (and almost-full-darkness, because of course nobody wants to stop playing just because it's getting a little hard to see your hand in front of your face!) are the best kind of games there are.

    Have a blessed Advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always allowed to ask about books I read! I enjoyed The Dragon's Tooth very much, although parts of it were rather confusing. But the idea of a mythical adventuring society with things like a whip-spider-infested basement--I love that! And Above Suspicion was just as good as you said it was going to be! Even if I didn't follow *every single* crazy spy maneuver. I loved the friendships, especially!
      Understood Betsy is SUCH a dear of a book! Seriously, your library got rid of it?! Poor judgement, obviously.

      I'd love to hear what you think of it, when you get around to watching it!
      Oh my goodness, I love that! I can just imagine your poor mom trying to figure out WHO ON EARTH you were talking about! (Although I mean, Joseph is kind of the rhyming guy in Princess Diaries. XD)

      Haha, no, I live in the Pacific Northwest, but will probably be going to college in a northerly, snowy region, so maybe your person-geography-sorting function is just prophetic?

      I mean, I wouldn't say no to a novel about it...XD
      *high fives you back* hey hey hey! Another One! I'm glad to know that my Enneagram tendencies are so obvious, haha. I don't recall my wing from the test, but from the extremely limited amount I've read so far, it could very well be Two.

      It's very fun! Those kinds of games are definitely the best (I mean, just because you can't really see your hand in front of your face doesn't mean you have to stop playing, right? It's not like the ball is even harder to see than your hand...XD).

      I hope you have a blessed Advent as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you are here and taking the time to comment. I love all comments, even ones on old posts! I just ask that you are respectful and keep the comments section clean. Thank you!